1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He is making it so hard to tell!!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Kumyn, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Kumyn

Kumyn Guest

Hi, everyone.

I have became, over the internet, good friends with a guy who I don't live near. It has been just over a year now. He knows I am gay, as I told him, and he has said (at a different point, sort of passively, not as a way of saying "don't hit on me") that he is straight. Yet, he always sends me <3's and calls me "Darling", "Dear", "Baby" etc. and we tell each other we love one another often. We spend hours everyday talking to each other over the internet, and I am going to visit him soon! He says I look amaing and am very good looking.

He has never had a girlfriend, and seems to have no interest in one. (At the same time, he doesn't appear to be interested in a relationship of any kind. A lot of the time we spend talking to each other over the internet is spent just doing nothing, and we usually talk until about 2am sometimes 3am, and then he sends me a message at 11am the next morning, and wants to talk again that night! He says he doesn't speak to anyone as much as me, and I am the same to him.

What are some signs that he could be into me (I do actually like him!!). It is harder to tell when you haven't met them face-to-face yet!! COuld he be gay? Am I taking the signs wrong? Maybe he does not know himself??

If you need more info please ask!

Thank you for your help!! :slight_smile:

2. Gen

Gen

I would wait until you go see him before you delve too deep into anything. As you said, it is hard to tell true emotion over the internet. He could have told you he was straight because that is what he was most comfortable with at the time. Though he could have also said it because it is the truth. Just wait until you go see him and see were things go from there. If things still seem very disinterested and platonic, then it would probably be best to take them exactly as so.

Regardless, I'm rooting for you. ; )

3. Kumyn

Kumyn Guest

Thank you for your reply!!

Do you not find it weird though how, even though he knows I'm gay, is still saying "I love you" and "My darling" etc? Would a dis-interested straight person not be careful with that sort of thing??? ^^

I'm not sure ^^

4. Gen

Gen

Yeah, I can definitely see what you mean. Even though he said he was straight, it does seem that he could have just said it because that is what he felt comfortable with. Or it could actually be true. I have plenty of straight friends who are a bit discrete with their personal lifes, so he could be interested or talking to/dating women and might not feel the need to talk about it with you.

Things could go either way at this point. Maybe when you go see him, you could inquire more into what he is interested in and watch his reactions.