1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Basically Only Attracted To Celebrities

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by BoiGeorge, Apr 23, 2013.

1. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Okay, so I feel a bit weird talking about this, but here goes... I have never really been capable of forming emotional relationships with other people. Apart from my family, I dont really have strong, loyal, emotional feelings for other people. I have felt sexual attraction towards plenty of 'real' people but I have a lot of trouble forming emotional bonds. This has made dating for me a nightmare! After the initial attraction towards the person has worn off, I realise that I have no emotional connection or very little with them. This always ends badly. I have always been a bit of a loner, and have always had great trouble forming romantic relationships. I dont have much trouble forming platonic emotional relationships with some people, but when it comes to romantic and sexual attraction, I have a great deal of trouble with it. This has lead to me crushing heavily on celebrities. This is totally normal I know, but I don't have the reality of real life love to balance it out. So basically my crushes are all celebrities. I like that they can't hurt me, break my heart or walk out on me. I know I probably sound insane right now but I am actually quite content with not being involved with romantic relationships. I am aware that my crushes on these famous people are unlikely to ever eventuate, but I am basically only generally attracted to celebrities! I have never felt like I need a partner. I have always been content with myself. These celeb crushes just seem to fill the void of feeling sexual attraction towards someone. Wow, reading this back I sound insane! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Is this normal?? It isnt, is it??

2. thats the best way to be personally. if only the women i met were the same as you and happy being alone lolol.

it shows your independent and dont have to rely on a relationship for happiness, so you wont settle for just anyone when the time comes just to fill the loneliness that some people do for the wrong reasons. you might think you sound insane but you sound level-headed to me.

youll meet someone one day, when the times right i guess.

but its a good thing, its not weird at all.

3. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Thanks for that :slight_smile: Glad to know I'm not insane! :grin:

4. nastyafreak

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know how to help you, just want to say you seem to be a very likable person on forum to me. :rolle:
    Would be a shame if you stayed alone for such a reason, you know? :wink:

5. photoguy93

Celebrities are "great." They can be smart, hot, amazing...and they never say anything bad about us and are always there.
    That's at least how I see it. It's the "hurt" persons dream. There is really no chance they can let us down (minus the fact that...they don't even know we exist and probably won't,haha.)

So, we don't have to worry about it. I think it's a defense mechanism.

You don't have to be connected with anyone. However, I think you do need to find a way to eventually work towards it. How? I don't know. But look - I really was in the same position. But recently, I found a guy that I really like. Even if we end up friends (because I always find the straight guys) it's something new!

6. Jubalinha

Jubalinha Guest

I think its normal. talking about my own experiences ive only been in love once and im 26. ive been with other people felt sexual attractions had crushes but never fell for anybody else. Its good you feel complete by yourself most people dont and end up having bad relationships because they get together with people they dont have chemistry.

7. Little J

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Oh honey, come here (smushes you)

Believe me, I know how it feels. So maybe Scarlett Johansson will forever not know about my soul-binding love for her. But you know, I deal with the Dolce & Gabbana ad I have tacked on my wall and my Blu-Ray copy of The Avengers.

You're definitely not alone on this one. I'm at an age where I should be pretty open to casually dating. Sadly, I've only had two relationships that lasted 3-6 months. In full honesty? I got bored. I'm young, but what's my excuse? Haha.

I really find celebrity crushes to be great sources of, say, inspiration, just like real-life crushes. Be it their abs or their advocacy.

It's great that you feel super without a partner! I've found myself better without a partner, to be honest ;P

But who knows, you know? :grin: