1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stressed Out

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by WonderEgg, Apr 23, 2013.

1. WonderEgg

Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret.

But seriously I need help. Life has been so stressful for me lately. It's almost time for finals and I still have so many tests before that. I have to write 2 papers and I have to be the head of a new club that I half don't want to do because it involves a lot of talking and I have no charisma, charm, dexterity, etc. whatsoever. I just really need support and hopefully advice on how to tame the hurricane that is my life. Thank you.

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tame the hurricane by reducing it to an untold number of gentle sighs. :wink: You can't try to take it all on at once. Prioritize, divide, and conquer. Otherwise, you'll just get overwhelmed and end up face down, crying into your bed.

(*hug*) I feel your pain, I really do. And once you're out of school and money's on the line, the consequences of failure are much greater.

3. followtherabbit

make a list of what needs to be done
    make a calendar for when you need to do these things
    make sure you leave time to breathe and other essentials

make these lists specific, it may help you me super detail organized.

I am the worst kind of procrastinator and this tactic helps me with that, so i thought i'd share.

And let yourself have some reeeelax time <3

4. WonderEgg

Thank you guys soooo much! I will definitely put these ideas into practice!

5. steven

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    OH,why you said you have no charisma,charm .......???pls don't say that...we all have our own unigue qualities...you are given the responsiblities n position so just take it....ask somebody around u whos can help u with..n .try to figure out the best way how to do it..there r so many times in our lives we think its really not possible to do it but you may find out its really possible when u do it..don't be too stress ...do what you can...be proud of yourself...all the energies,capabilities ,and love r inside you..so do all with smile...the result is BIG!!!hehehe

6. FemCasanova

And remember, in the midst of all these things you have to do, don`t forget the quiet moments! Put off some periods every day, half an hour here and there, where you take a walk, listen to music, meditate, jog, anything that makes you relax and just breathe. It`s so important because if we keep the candle burning at all times, it will eventually burn out. Make the list of priorities, take it one thing at the time, and don`t forget your "quiet time".

And in that quiet time, just let it all go from your mind. Focus on nothing, think about nothing, just enjoy the moment. Keep telling yourself, if you get stressed; "I got all the time in the world".

One thing that can help you, is that you a few hours before your quiet time take 15 minutes to go over your plan for the day, and your mini-goals (take the trash out, write for an hour on my paper, pay my bills), and in those 15 minutes you just let your mind run a marathon of everything that stresses you. It may sound counter productive, but I have found that when I then later take my quiet time, it`s like my mind has an easier time calming down, because there are less thoughts trying to press to the surface.

So, 15 minutes of free worrying, then do some work, then take at least half an hour with calm time.

Another tip that has helped me greatly, is divide your day into "working hours" and "relaxing hours". For example, daytime can be spent on all the things you have to do, but when late evening comes, you take that time to breath and enjoy what you like to do. That way your batteries gets time to refill, so that you are more productive the day after. And don`t let them mix. Worry thoughts are not allowed during relaxing time!

Sounds a bit childish, I know, but separating the two has done wonders for me :slight_smile: