1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forgot how to life.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by bootskatt, Apr 24, 2013.

1. bootskatt

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm confused, lost, stuck in my head, can't talk to people and nothing makes sense to me anymore.

I recently had a HUGE crush on my best friend and i told him and he is quite damn sure he is straight. So now that the problem is out of the way, I just don't know what to do anymore. I've lost all passion to do anything. I don't like playing music like i used to, I can't socialize anymore (like seriously i physically cannot talk to my friends). words are not coming out. I'm always stressed about school, can't commit to things, I just can't do anything well. everything is just so.. dull and bleak...

What I'm wondering is what is going on with me? Am I depressed? I don't feel sad all the time, everything's just kinda meh.
    Can anyone help me? does anyone know what these feelings or whatever you call them are telling me?

:icon_conf

2. RainbowMan

That sounds like depression to me. I'd seek help - from a school counselor, therapist, or whatever. It sounds to me like you're just grieving the loss of your crush and finding it difficult to move on.

Hang in there. (*hug*)

3. WonderEgg

It could just be that you've made this friend the center of your world for so long that now you don't know what to do anymore. Give yourself a deadline. Like until Sunday morning to do whatever (except drugs of course) to get back to your old self. I'm sure you'll have a new crush later on in the year, so don't worry about it. ^_^

4. GhostOfRazgriz

The same exact thing happened to me and one of my best friends, except it couldn't work out because she was homosexual (I was born a male). Needless to say, I went through the same things you are going through. WonderEgg is probably right. Your friend became the center of your world. That's what happened to me. I had a crush on her for two years before I told her. When I found out it couldn't work out, I was devastated.

But it gets better. My advice, if you are still friends, stay friends. Don't destroy your friendship. After a while, you'll be able to come to terms with it and move on.
    How long has this been going on for?

5. bootskatt

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    its been going on for about 2 weeks now, I'm going to see a school counselor because last time I was depressed I saw a psychologist and it didn't help at all. I think a school counselor would be better as they would understand my situation more because its in school.

thank you all so much for the advice :slight_smile: