1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just fed up with hating myself

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Britishskittles, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Britishskittles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This is more of a rant than anything I need to get some stuff off my chest but advice is welcome. Warning this is depressing and may trigger selfharmers
    I don't get how I can be at university in the lGBT and when im not there I am home in London yet I still feel like the only person that goes through this :tears: the limited amount of people I know who are gay are mostly guys and seem to have an easy time accepting themselves and coming out. I feel like the only one whose ever struggled and then I read stuff on the internet and I realise I am not. I am in therapy but its NHS therapy so it runs out after a certain number of sessions which I am starting to reach and I feel like she just wants to fix the easiest issue I have and kick me off when theres a lot more too it. My best friend and her both think that just because I have cut down on selfharm I am getting better which is crap I feel just as bad as always if not worse cause Im trying to cut out my coping stratergie. I tell my dad everything (well except the small matter of my sexuality) and hes usually who I go to when I have worries yet I cant this time I am terrified he will reject me. I am not happy at university at all I kinda just wanna be done with it now and get my degree , I have lectures 2 days a week , go out drinking like once a week if I am lucky and the rest of the time im in bed or in the library I feel like everyone else has it so much easier , I don't get on with my housemates and im not copying with how lonely I feel all the time , it less a month till I go home for summer where I have more friends but they mostly break up later than me than im going on holiday for two weeks , got work for a month but then the whole of august doing nothing where my dads just going to lecture me to get a job he doesn't get that know ones going to employ me for a month i cant tell him im not okay since my mum died and my sister moved abroad he needs me to be okay, i really don't know what to do , i am sleeping way to much and when i wake up im always disappointed that im awake, life just sucks at the moment.

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    While I don't have any advice, I will tell you:

The bad time can't last forever, they just can't.

3. Jubalinha

Jubalinha Guest

Its good that you let it out. I hope you feel a little better now. i always feel better when i talk about something that have been bothering me. i can relate to what you said when i was in college my routine was pretty much like yours.i used to feel the same. Do you have something you really like doing. like a hobby or something. When im feeling down i write. When i feel like cutting or sad i write. i wrute when im in good spirits too so thats why it makes the pain go away. i know it sounds a silly advice but thats what have been helping me the most. i used to see a therapist and i was on medication for a little while but thats what really worked for me. if i knew that deviating my agony to something i really liked doing was going to help me this much...i hope i have helped you at least a bit. In case you wanna talk im here for you anytime...

4. HeyAshley

everything happens for a reason. like malachite said, the bad doesn't last forever. and when this is over - the silver lining will be that you're a much stronger person.

keep on, keeping on.