1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do you feel good?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by followtherabbit, Apr 25, 2013.

1. followtherabbit

I just wanted to thank everyone on empty closets.
    (*hug*)(*hug*)
    (&&&)(&&&)
    I've gotten some really great advice, been able to read other peoples stories and feel some much less alone.
    Also I feel so good when I try to help people.
    I was feeling really shitty about an audition I had for theatre school today but coming on here and reading and writing reminded me that I am not entirely worthless or useless.
    I don't feel so bad about it anymore :slight_smile:

Anyone else wanna say something?
    :kiss:

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I once auditioned for theatre school, I was exactly your age. Auditions: talk about vulnerability!

It was a professional theatre program that I applied to and I had to recite a small fragment of a play, they liked it and I did get in, but the teachers eventually told me a few months later they thought they made a mistake (immaturity I suppose), besides I found out at the time (and it probably hasn't changed much) that there are only about 500 actors working in Canada at any one time.

In other words, the odds of success were astronomically bad for me, and I'm philosophically disinclined to starve...so I left of my own accord after one year of a three year program...

There is something good in everyone, as for being useful, there really is no need to be useful if all you are looking forward to is being used (what we call in civilized society "employed")...be yourself instead, and find your passion!

#2 greatwhale, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  3. followtherabbit

Thank you, discouragement seems to be a common occurrence in this industry.

4. June Cleaver

We all have a pourpose in this world. I am not sure what mine is other than to be a good wife and a blessing to those around me. I feel my best when I make somebody's day. I love it when I can bring a smile to someones face or be a blessing to them. I feel the best when I wake up in the morning and see Michael's face and when I am doing something for him, even the smallest task for him like first thing I do in the morning is prep the bathroom for him and lay his cloths out and then put his shoes on for him as he steps back into the bedroom, then I feed him breakfast and send him on his way. He always hugs and kisses me goodbye and tells me he loves me with a big smile and I feel so good every morning! It just sets the mood right for the day ahead of me. I have always been my happiest and felt my best when I serve him and those around me. June