1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really into my last date; meet another guy I was chatting to before or not?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by jackinthebox, Apr 30, 2013.

1. jackinthebox

After 15 dull and boring dates, met a guy last week whom I really like, it may not be possible to be with him since I'm going abroad but I'd love to give it a chance atleast for some time and therefore, deleted my account from the online dating site where I met him because the feeling to date others alongside feels plain weird.

However, there was another guy I had come across on that site a week before I met this guy, we had chatted a bit and he said he was coming to my city on so and so date and wanted to meet me. We exchanged numbers and he messaged me today that he is coming day after to my city and if we are meeting.

Now, I'm confused. Should I really be meeting him? I don't see the need to because I want to concentrate only on that one guy for now. I don't see a reason for even a casual friendly meet-up. What should I do?

2. robclem21

dont see him....? seems obvious enough... lol

3. jackinthebox

I feel it's bad etiquette to go back on my word.

4. Viridian

Viridian Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm at the belief that one shouldn't put all their eggs in one basket.

That said, it's really your choice. You can choose to meet him or not. Might not hurt to go just to have a fun night out or something. If you don't, just lie and say that something came up. Simple as that.

5. jackinthebox

I'm not putting my eggs in one basket. I feel disloyal to go and meet others now that I told him I like him a lot.

6. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just tell the other guy that something came up and you need to cancel.

7. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could also just be honest here. With both of them.

So you tell the other guy that you are already starting to date someone else exclusively, and that any meetup would just be hanging out and showing him around, but that it will not be, in any way, a date. And that, under those terms, you'd rather call it off.
    If he still says: "but I would still like to meet up", and you feel it's too rude to go back on a word, you could still meet up, but at least it wouldn't be under false pretenses.

If he does insist, and you are too polite to cancel, you tell the guy you're going to focus on exclusively that you already agreed to hang out with this other guy, but that you made it absolutely clear this wouldn't be a date in any way. And that, with that last politeness out of the way, you're all his.

Slightly awkward, but if they are both decent guys, they'll hopefully understand. And it doesn't leave you with lies or coverups you need to worry about.

8. jackinthebox

Hold on, the guy I like doesn't seem that interested in me. He hasn't texted me all day today. Just some good mornings and good nights. Jeez.