1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is honesty really the best policy?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by RC19, Apr 30, 2013.

1. RC19

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    so went out for drinks with this girl. nothing else happened. Next day she starts txting me saying i miss you, i care about you, i worry about you. This freaked me out. So I was honest with her and called her because i didnt want to say how i felt through txt. I felt she deserved an actual conversation. I told her that i dont want to lead her on and that i think that the way she feels about me is more then the way i feel about her. I dont want her to put more effort in then me and that i want us to have the same understanding. I just recently came out about 5 months ago, so this whole dating women is new to me so i dont want to committee yet. She sounded fine on the phone, but today, it seems like i really hurt her. She responds with one word answers... So was i wrong for being honest about the way i feel? Thinking about her being hurt makes me feel like an awful person. :/

2. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You did nothing wrong. You were honest, and that's what matters. Leading someone on would be wrong. She's upset because she probably feels rejected, and that is not your fault in any way. You can't make yourself have strong feelings for someone.

3. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I told the girl that I am dating that I do not feel the same way about her and well, she started talking to someone else. She became very cold and distant, which made me regret what I had said. So, I clarified how I felt; I told her that since I'm new to dating women openly that I am not ready to commit. I've only been openly dating women for about 1 1/2 years. So, I understand how you feel, so please enjoy yourself and have fun exploring :slight_smile:

4. hellomoto123

hellomoto123 Guest

I think you did a good thing by letting her know straight off the bat. Sure she probably got upset but if she really cares im sure she will understand its pretty full on after just coming out. Take your time! You have all the time in the world! :slight_smile:

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being rejected hurts. There is no painless way to do it if somebody really wants to be with you. You did it in a very noble and caring manner. All you can do now is stick to your guns and wish her well.