1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Embarrassing Scars

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Cynicite, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Cynicite

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey all!

So, I have self harm scars on my leg, which I'm not very proud of but I'm sorta stuck with them forever so... :/

I was wondering if they'd be a major turn off for a person? Like, if you found out, would you be put off at all?

2. Gen

Gen

You have nothing to worry about. It is possible that your partner might notice and eventually ask, but I'd have a hard time imagining a person that would seriously give much though to them.

Not to mention, most people have scars of some sort on their legs/waist, whether they are scars from damaged tissue or stretch marks.

3. agonizingnose

Quite honestly, I believe my response to finding scars on my future partner. I would be humbled to know that they have gone through such pain and torment, and still remain here, strong. Those scars are not something to be ashamed of, I think they should be something to remind you of how strong you are, and how strong you will remain.

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The scars tell any future partner that you have strong feelings-- that you're real. It may be sort of embarrassing that you couldn't deal with them in any better way, but nobody knows what kind of pain you went through and how it affected you. And I agree with agonizingnose that they are a way to show that you decided to power through, and you're still here. Emotional strength is admirable and yes, attractive.