1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He's coming out to ME!?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by remainnameless, May 1, 2013.

1. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Can't believe this is actually happening.
    I've known (I will call him E) E for over a year, we hang out in the same group of friends. Me and him aren't close, and I've kinda been coming out of my shell, so we never developed a serious friendship. He has always been super sarcastic, yet he is kind of shy too. He's super fashionable, and most of his friends are girls. Anyways, everyone always joked that he was gay, and I was pretty convinced for awhile too. But after really hanging out with him, a couple things (which I won't go into detail) threw me off, so I wasn't ever really sure. Probably the last couple of months or so, me and him have actually gotten along enough that we talk and joke around, since I have a class with him. But like I said, we aren't close.

Today, I was playing my euphonium in honor band, and he just comes down and sits next to me to play his trumpet (which is kinda out of the ordinary, yet not SUPER unusual). I was just playing my music like normal, and I think we talked a little bit and stuff, whatever. But then towards the end of the hour he was kind of acting weird all of a sudden, like he was super nervous (E may be "shy" but it's not like he doesn't have social skills, he has a ton of friends and has no reason to he awkward around me). Then he said something like "I need to do something, but I really don't want to do it" I was joking around with him and I was like "what? going to ask your girl out?" His face was super red and he was like "no, much bigger than that." My first thought was someone coming out, and I just blurted "what are you coming out?" (I was messing with him) and then he kind of acted distracted (and so did I cause the whole situation was weird) and he was like oh what did you say? I was like "oh nothing". Then I realized "HOLYSHITHE'SCOMINGOUT" he said something about having to tell all his friends. After that it was like there was some kind of understanding between us. I'm pretty sure he knows I know. So anyways, this whole situation is CRAZY. I was supposed to be the gay kid (lol?) but now he almost came out to me, and it's pretty odd for me. I'm pretty sure our friendship will change somehow (hopefully for the better) By the way, he's probably one of the cutest guys I know... :wink:

I forgot there was this extremely weird moment where I could have sworn he was wanting to kiss me. Maybe it was my imagination, IDK!!

---------- Post added 1st May 2013 at 03:17 PM ----------

I will keep you guys updated, what do you think?

---------- Post added 1st May 2013 at 03:30 PM ----------

I texted him :/

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow that is super awesome!~<3

What did he say when he texted you? :slight_smile:

3. Xochipilli

Sounds like one of those moments that keep life interesting.

I am also curious about how this turned out...

What makes you think he wanted to plant one on you? Was he staring intensely with lust-filled eyes?

4. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    That is awesome, although weird! Maybe you could come out to him? You, sir, are a lucky person!

I'm quite intrested about this... Hope this goes well!

5. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's exactly what I was thinking XD

Lol I forgot he had gotten a new phone, he didn't recognize the # lol. All I said was "Good Luck :slight_smile:" because I'm pretty sure he's going to come out tomorrow.

One of the things that makes this whole situation cool is the fact that I can judge everyone's reaction to his coming out, and get an idea of what it will be like for me :/ We have all the same friends.

6. SomeNights

If you want to be the first one he comes out to, you should stop joking with him about it. Back in highschool when I was getting ready to tell someone, I'd get so nervous that if anything went off plan I'd back out.

Also, put yourself in his shoes, if you were the one coming out. If/When he does come out make sure you don't make a huge deal out of it, but offer support. I remember the first person I told...I was sooooo nervous.

7. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Dude. It wasn't supposed to be a joke, I was messing with him and I didn't realize he was being serious, because usually he's just messing around. Trust me, I came out to my best friend a couple months ago and I was nervous as Hell, so when I realized what was going on I became as "serious" as possible without being dramatic. I guess I explained the situation weird, but hasn't actually "come out". I'm just extremely sure that's what he meant.

---------- Post added 1st May 2013 at 08:57 PM ----------

Ok, I re-read my post. When I said he "mentioned having to tell all his friends" he didn't actually say what he was going to tell them. I'm just assuming it's coming out, considering the evidence.

8. SomeNights

I know, sorry that sounded really serious, gotta love text. I was just adding my 2 cents :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: