1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

inferior

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by TeePee, May 2, 2013.

1. TeePee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've always been told that i looked good. I'm intelligent, that i'm sure of. Sometimes i beleive that i'm good looking and all, but the moment i step out of the house, i start feeling worthless and inferior. The handsome, well dressed guy on the street, the girl with the latest phone, all of those get to me. They all make me feel like i'm not good enough. Not good enough to be loved by such amazing, confident people. Most of the times, i end up trying to make peace with that i WILL end up all alone! You see, the type i often fall for, is the stylish, handsome, confident type. The same type that makes me feel so inferior. I would love to buy myself some nice things but i'm working like a slave trying to save for college. Has anyone ever felt like i do. If yes, how did you deal with it?

2. falsereading

falsereading Guest

I feel like it every day, my crush I have at the minute has the same job as me but is better looking, better at his job, degree educated, richer etc etc and I think why bother, my chances are nil to slim for someone poorer, fatter and with no degree.

I do it with my friends as well, they have a nicer house, nicer car, well paid job and it is very easy to get into the trap of judging everyone by your own position.

Reality is no one is perfect, the good looking guy may have x/y/z problem he just hides it better than anyone else.

3. Hefiel

Self-confidence issues?

I've dealt with that for a while, although in my case I always thought people were looking at me and laughing behind my back because of my appearance, whereas they all look great and happy, so...a bit different from you.

In my case, I just built a tougher shell initially so it wouldn't bother me as much. Since the beginning of the year however I've been working on myself (mostly psychologically) and addressing some things that bothered me. Been treating my acne more seriously since it was a big source of discomfort, finally got around to accept my sexuality as well as now being open about it, been trying to improve my physique a little and trying to eat a bit healthier.

I'm definitively more "confident" than I was, but not quite there yet. Coming out definitively played a major role though, but it's still a work in progress.