1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why would I talk when I don't really feel like talking?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by thebrightficus, May 2, 2013.

1. Hi, thanks to all who decided to read this thread!

I'm a bit stuck. Why do I talk so much around people when I don't really (emotionally) feel like talking? It's like my mouth runs on its own when my patience is running out. Seriously, people think I never shut my mouth when my, personally, and with good friends, I rarely run my mouth off too much. I have long thoughts that I try to express, but that's about it. They're usually just two-four sentences/moment of contribution in a conversation.

And I hate it. I hate people completely misreading my personality. I really find them starting to annoy me. What do I do?

2. Wolfie Charm

Maybe your nervous and just don’t realize it. Do you talk a lot more in stressful situations? Sometimes we just don't realize that the quirks that are annoying to ourselves is how our brains process the nerves/stress. No clue how to quell them past starting with recognizing any possible triggers. I do the overload talking when nervous but only in front of people I am close to. I go into a situation determined to keep quiet and fail lol. It is definitely an annoyance.

3. I do it when it seems like I feel as if I should be making conversation, or when I feel like it would make me feel good by starting any conversation (which is usually not the case). This usually occurs in an awkward silence.