1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great date...bad vibes afterwards?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Lewnatic, May 4, 2013.

1. Lewnatic

I met this guy through a mutual friend about a month ago, and we've spoke most days in that time frame. We were meant to go on a date a few weeks ago, but he had to keep rescheduling due to his hectic schedule. To be fair, I have him on Facebook and all of his commitments turned out to be true, so I knew he wasn't having me on or trying to put off going on a date. And it was him who was the one saying "I'm so sorry, can you do this day instead?" We eventually went out, but not how we had planned. Two weeks ago we were supposed to get food and have a drink before he went out for his friends birthday, but he was running late so he ended up inviting me along: "my friend said you're more than welcome!", so I said that would be nice as long as it's okay with you and your friends. I went, I had a really great night. His friends were all lovely and he introduced me to everyone like a gentleman. Him and his best friend even walked my to my bus stop when the night had finished, and I text him afterwards telling him I had a good night and it would be nice to see him again. He replied "Me too, maybe we can actually get that food and drink next time!" which I thought was a good sign.

Fast forward two weeks, such a date had happened. We had been speaking basically the same in that time frame, he even rang me at one point to ask for help on an essay he was doing. We went for a meal and then went cinema afterwards. At the end of the night, he went to catch his last train. It was only opposite my bus stop, so I said I may as well wait with you because the date was going well and I wanted it to continue as long as possible. His train eventually came and we got up, he went to hug me so I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. He asked me to text him when I got home, which I did. I said I had a good night and it would be nice to continue seeing him, to which he said "I had a good night too. See you soon." ...but since then, nothing. That was on Wednesday night, so...3 days ago. I know that's not a long time frame, but things couldn't be more different now. I tried texting him on Thursday, the day after, but he just did not seem interested at all and quickly killed the conversation. We've not spoke since, while normally we would have at least text by now. I'm getting awful vibes from this, I thought we had a great date...what's gone wrong? Should I text him?

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

I say you text him but in like a casual way. Like hey how's it going or hope you're having a good day so far. If he doesn't respond something might be up. Also, he could be not wanting to say anything cause he doesn't want to come off as clingy; maybe in the back of his mind he's thinking you're not interested cause you haven't talked to him yet. There's a lot of factors at play, but I think it can't hurt to send him a message.

3. ive heard about the 3 day rule, he may want to text you let you know he had a good time but not want to come off as clingy. i know im like that lol, i wait a day before saying anything as i dont wanna seem weird or too full on.

but if you havent heard anything by tomorrow text him like someone said casually and if he doesnt respond in a few days thennn id forget him personally no matter how much of a good time you had but i think i may be too quick to write people off lolol.