1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get past hating ppl and being anti social and not angry all the time?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Unsurevirgin, May 5, 2013.

1. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

How to get past hating ppl and being anti social and being not angry all the time?

How to get past hating ppl and being anti social and not angry all the time? So I've been bullied throughout my whole life .had a bf and he understood and treated me very kindly while I was distance and didn't trust him . Then around six months i began feeling emotionally attached ,but I decided not to ,we broke up in march. He's still my best friend ,friends yes I made a small group but the group faded .so now I go back to my old self yknow?cold,antisocial not wanting a spouse or gf or bf like b4. So how do ppl get past the hurt they've been feeling and move forward? Even sex? How does someone have sex and be intimate with ppl after all the hurt?

#1 Unsurevirgin, May 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2013
  2. FemCasanova

Have you ever considered trying therapy? I struggles with anger management issues due to hurts from my childhood and teen years, as well as social anxiety. Cognitive therapy did wonders for me. If we cannot process and work through our past on our own, having someone to help us work through it can really make a difference. And working through our issues is the only way to get over them, as we can`t climb above or dig under. Getting past bullying can be tough, my GF is 25 and she`s still struggling with some anger about the things she went through as a child.

Consider it, at least.

Also, remember that if we carry the past with us it takes all the arm-space, so we won`t be able to carry a future. Meaning you`ll never move forward if you`re stuck in the past. We can`t change the past, and the future can only be what we make of it. Accepting that and starting to make changes to get it better can help you get to where you want to be in life, and move on. Trust issues are hard to break when they`ve deeply integrated, so for that I do really recommend therapy. So many couples break off due to trust issues, and it`s a shame, but very common :frowning2: It doesn`t have to continue that way though, but it requires you make the choice.

Is the bullying most of what caused the trust issues, or are there other factors as well?

3. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Yes kinda self esteem stuff and anxiety