1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lonely

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by me12121, May 5, 2013.

1. me12121

me12121 Guest

I remember two years ago life was amazing. I had good friends who were always around, had things to do every weekend, and felt like I could never be lonely. I got my first real job, was going on vacations every two months, and went to Europe for the first time (and then went again 2 months later lol). I remember being so happy all the time.

Over the last few months I seem to be really lonely all the time. None of my friends are ever around, and whenever we do make plans, they ditch me last minute more than half the time. I don't really look forward to weekends anymore...I usually don't have much to do and get tired of doing everything by myself, especially when I'm walking around the city and see everyone with other people. I haven't spent time with a friend in over a month :frowning2:.

I just scored an awesome job and will be moving into my own place next month, but it doesn't seem to matter much to me anymore. What's the point when you have no one to do anything with during your free time? I'm pretty shy and often have trouble talking to people so I'm not really sure how to make new friends :/.

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I totally understand how this feels. I think a lot of people have experienced this at some point, but that does not negate the pain you may experience as a result. I think loneliness is the worst feeling because if you have a best friend you feel like you can take on any hardships you face. When alone? Not so much!

I would recommend getting involved somehow where you can meet more people. I also know a lot of people on this site feel this way as well. Maybe write to them. It may not be the same as in person contact, but if nothing else you'll have an EC friend to chat with! Nobody deserves to feel alone.

3. coredawgy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You're job situation is exactly what I want one day. A great job, visiting Europe occasionally, etc. So the fact that you have that going for you is great. As for friends, I can't say that I know the feeling all that much but I'm an introvert and kinda shy too so I get how you feel. Get to know people at work and go from there. You're probably a really great guy so I hope that it all works out for you. :slight_smile: