1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Missing Boyfriend :-(

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by anamchara, May 6, 2013.

1. anamchara

Hey guys, I'm going to cut to the chase.

I'm 20+, from Singapore, and I'm Eurasian.

In 2009, I met this Portuguese guy named Afonso on dudesnudes who lived in Porto, Portugal, we chatted, hit it off, were fond of each other, but it died off because I was 17 because I felt there was no way I was going to Portugal to meet him at that age, nor did I feel he was coming over to me.

However, in Jan 2013, I was going through one of those I'm-tired-of-being-single phases, and I decided to reconnect with him. We spoke every weekday, and it felt that time melted into nothing - nothing changed between us. We were fond of each other, shared our lives together through Skype, and after a month of speaking, he told me he loved me, and we became exclusive after 2.

So I'm not sure if you're familiar with the situation in Singapore, but every male has to serve in the military for 2 years, but knowing the fact that I would be able to see him was a catalyst for me to 'wriggle' out of it, and I was free from the army on 24 April.

We planned to meet in Porto on 15 May and for me to stay with him until August, but before that, his gym/sports facility company wound down and he was made redundant, and they were moving to Angola. He told me he was going to be in Angola for 10 days, starting 21 April, but he WOULD come back and WOULD contact me once he was in Angola so we could carry our daily conversations on.

And like the subject title suggests, yes, he disappeared after 20 April. His last words to me were 'love you, my fofinho (cuddly in Portuguese)', and that he would contact me as soon as he could.

It has been 16 days, and I haven't heard from him. I don't see him online on Skype, his prepaid card doesn't have a dialtone when I ring as he's in Africa, I don't know his family, name of his workplace, nor his exact address. All I know is that he has a friend named Rui and he lives in Maia, Portugal.

I have bought my tickets to Europe and I leave for Paris tomorrow - and I'm apprehensive about the trip as I don't really have a place to go after I visit friends in Paris and Zurich, unless he decides to 'come alive' again.

What do you suggest I should do? What is your take on this situation? What do you think? May I please know what you guys think, please? I'm so depressed and I miss him so much. :frowning2:

2. June Cleaver

I am leary of meeting people online for love to begin with. I would say he got hung-up working a extra week or two. There must be a reason he cannot call you. Like maybe he left your contact info at home. IDK all sorts of things come to mind. All you can do is sit tight and wait. I hate to say there is not much more you can do.

Now I don't mean to be rude, but ARE YOU CRAZY???? Going to a diffrent country to stay with someone you know nothing about??? You say you don't know his full name, or the company's name he works for even. He should have given you more info about where he was going, he was bound to have hotel reservations or something. Also if you guys are in love he should have told you everything about himself at this point. I agree with you something is wrong here.... June

3. photoguy93

I've got to agree with June here. This is a typical situation for an online relationship. I had a guy once that I really, really, liked. It was more of a friendship, I guess....anyways, we talked for months and POOF. He just disappeared. I tried for months to contact him. He finally got back with me, and said some things had happened. But we never talked again.

Here's the thing.....I felt horrible. I felt horrible because there was so much unknown. That was the theme with my whole online experience. If you don't know where he is or have no idea what is full name is or his plans, it's really a bad situation.

Just trying to be honest.