1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook threats and insults

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by agonizingnose, May 7, 2013.

1. agonizingnose

Hi, I've recently been getting comments on my page which are quite offensive, ie one to my mum (who I do not want knowing im gay) saying "your son is a homo" and other things, howerver what I am most worried about is this: WARNING contains offensive content:

me Oh, that was mature.
    Like · Reply · Yesterday at 7:34pm

him Honestly. Just fuck up. You go on man
    Like · Reply · Yesterday at 7:34pm via mobile

him Idc how old u r I'm just gunna smack you so fucking hard 2moro
    Like · Reply · Yesterday at 7:45pm via mobile

me Relax dude.
    Like · Reply · Yesterday at 7:47pm

him yeah i couldnt care less bro. your just a anoying cunt and thats why you always get bullied on the bus. thats why you sit way up the front with all you pussy highballs mates.
    Like · Reply · Yesterday at 7:50pm

me I get bullied on the bus? Hmmm, interesting, however I'm not sure if that's true, and not to mention, why are you being so pissy?
    Like · Reply · Yesterday at 7:52pm

him read the late 10 or so comments of your and your a smart little cunt.
    Like · Reply · Yesterday at 7:57pm

me That was one guy, not to mention I don't know him and there is the possibility of sarcasm. And calm the f&%k down man, I mean really, you're just making a fool of yourself.
    Like · Reply · Yesterday at 8:00pm

other him so can the fight please be around interval so I can watch zac smash a kid, cheers.
    Like · Reply · Yesterday at 8:01pm

2. Sully

Hmm. Hmm.

Look man, I'd just avoid any situation that could lead to physical violence. THAT IS MOST IMPORTANT. If he approaches you with others around, just be like 'what the hell man, I really don't have any problem with you.', just be really casual, non-confrontational, chilled and like it's a bit of joke.

I'd try to really diffuse the situation.

I can't stress enough DON'T GET BEATEN UP! I take it he's a bigger, bullying type?

I've never experienced anything like this so I can't be too much help. I guess you should always report this to a higher authority, but I think that can lead to more bad blood between you and the bully.

I think with anything like this you've just gotta be smart. I think smarts outwit brawn. If you report it and you have a meeting with a principal or whoever and just be like 'Look. I'm not going to stand here and get bullied by you. If you think you can push people around like this you are severely delusional. What were you actually thinking you were going to achieve?'

I guess I'm just throwing different ideas around now, but I seriously think you've got to out wit the witless!

3. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Do not respond to that stuff. Just unfriend. I am happy with my 6 fb friends. Yes 6. Unfriended homophobic relatives. You deserve respect. Don't let ignorant jerks take you down to thier level- At one point I had 2 fb friends after I "cleaned house". You can block users in settings.
    Your an awesome kid don't let anyone make you feel otherwise!!!!

#3 Rose27, May 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2013
  4. falsereading

falsereading Guest

I was going to say something like rose27, ignore and unfriend. By replying anything he will try and say what he needs to get you to explode.

5. Sully

+3 to unfriending! It's so therapeutic!

6. agonizingnose

Well I have unfriended him, however I later took a punch to the stomach, and a knee to the face ._. Looks like some people are indefuseable

---------- Post added 8th May 2013 at 03:24 PM ----------

This dude also said for me to start saying that I'm straight or I'lll get jumped ._.

7. Asari

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does this person go to your school? I know you don't want to hear this but I urge your to find an adult you can talk to and trust. Your 14 and in school right?

I was bullied a lot in school and I told my mother. She dropped me off at the bus stop every day and picked me up. This helped prevent me from getting beat up on the bus. I also had one amazing teacher in high school who I could go to at any time. When my friend passed away I showed up to her class in tears and she let me stay in her office for the first two periods and cry.

Please. Please. Please find an adult you can trust. Maybe even sit in your guidance office for a bit. I don't want you to get seriously injured. Sure you might get teased for being a "tattle" but you are already getting teased as it is. I would urge you to tell an adult you trust though. Not all teachers and faculty will react to the situation well or deal with it the way it needs to be dealt with.

Even if you don't do that know that it will get better. My childhood was hell and I am miraculously still alive.

8. agonizingnose

that's the thing though, I have no adults that I trust, or any friends that I trust either. I'm pretty screwed. My principal did jack shit when I reported my friend getting bullied, so yeah ._.

9. Sully

Report this to your principal! If they doing nothing I then advocate storming into their office and reading them the right act about how bullying is not to be tolerated! If that doesn't work threaten to take it to the media!

The worst thing you can do is just let this happen. I think you really need to push to get what you want!

10. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow. That does beg the comeback though, "You put a lot of effort into wanting to wrestle with a gay kid."

But if you're not the fighting type especially, report it to somebody who can handle it without fists and knees. Physical might seems powerful at face value, but really, the dick who's doing it to you is going nowhere fast. The most satisfying victory is freedom from his influence.

11. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You really need to report these people. Something needs to be done, or else this is going to continue to escalate. I would also block them on facebook. That way they cannot see you and you cannot see them.

But please, go and report them. You don't deserve to go through this.

12. Ridiculous

Ring the police if you have to - our police are used to and know how to deal with these sorts of things. You have all the proof you need in these Facebook messages. These little shitstains need to have repercussions to their actions, for punishment for what they've done to you and also to prevent them from doing it to others.
    If you ring up and say you were attacked after being threatened online, they'll certainly want to do something about it.

School staff generally aren't great at dealing with these sorts of things.

13. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

I agree with going to police especially if you have visible wounds.So sorry your going thru this. Sending you a "Mom" hug. Please take care of yourself & make sure you see a doctor if injured.

14. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Agonizingnose- Are you ok? Hugs Rose

15. tryhtwfr

I'm wondering the same thing.

Bullying. I hate the word myself, it just sounds so sickening and I've been through it and still do go through it on ocassions but its verbal as I can fight to defend myself but my temper isn't short enough to beat people up over stupid comments. Honestly, violence isn't the answer and if you go to the local authorities and you try your best, it could get passed as a 'hate crime' but this would involve your parents knowning because bullying is a serious issue in todays world. Over here in the UK, there are campaigns of passing the 'aiden law' which makes bullying illegal and I hope it does get passed. Good luck and keep us updated :slight_smile:

16. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Physical violence is assault. Talk to the police about it.

17. agonizingnose

yeah, I'm alright I suppose, however I've been out of school for several things, ie depression and the bullying but I said it was due to headaches. The part that has me sad though is that after my best friend moved I realized that I have no more friends, no "are you ok?"s or "Where the hell are you?!" things on facebook, or phone-calls. 3 days have passed and no one has contacted me. I feel as if the world would keep pace and momentum regardles of if I was here or not. I know I should put this in an individual thread but yeah. ._.

18. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Um excuse me? Worried "mom" here & other EC friends. You may not see us or hear us but we care! I would notice & miss your voice on EC. Don't disappear & make this EC old lady cry ok? Flying home today but will check in later. Hugs & love EC Mom.

19. agonizingnose

Thanks everyone, and a special thanks to you rose, you don't know how much you mean to me and potentially many many other EC users.

20. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

I'm home. Glad to here from you. :slight_smile: