1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

life, next steps, things in general

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Mlpguy88, May 7, 2013.

1. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not sure how to write this out so this might not make a lot of sense, I'll try to keep it short.

Thinking about where my life is going, I realize that I'll probably never have a relationship. And even though I'm not happy being in school, but it also hasn't helped me find anything that I want to do with my life, so I have no idea what I have to look forward to.

What do I do next? What comes next? I'm worried about myself

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What hobby is your favorite in the entire world? If you can answer that, lose yourself utterly to it. Submerge yourself in every tiny detail of it until no facet is unknown. Optionally, use that knowledge to push the boundaries a little bit. Once you've got that part down, all that's left is marketing. :wink:

The whole purpose of higher education is to give you the skills to succeed in a given field. But really, aside from a degree as proof that you're good, it's all about what you know and who you can convince. The former can be done on your own in this information age, and the second is largely a matter of luck. As for a relationship, don't sweat it too much. If it happens, it happens, and if it doesn't, there's always online matching sites. :/

3. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess you make a good point, but I feel like I am drifting more than anything. I'm still don't enjoying school, I feel like I am there because I need to be but nothing seems to stick, and feeling alone all the time doesn't help either. I'm just worried that I will have nothing to look forward to and it scares me.

The important things in life seem to be doing what you enjoy and being with people you care about, I just don't feel like I have either.

#3 Mlpguy88, May 8, 2013
    Last edited: May 8, 2013
  4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I read somewhere a little trick that might help, but it's a little evil as well :slight_smile:

Explore what you envy in others that you know (forget celebrities)...and that is probably what you would like to have for yourself...(whether it is a profession, a job, whatever)

5. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess that could be an option.

Any other ideas?

6. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Allrighty then! But this is it, I'm giving you my best stuff!

Think back to whatever it is that you so enjoy doing that you forget that you are doing it.

There is a concept called Flow originally conceived by Hungarian psychology professor Mihalyi Csikszentmihalyi, to describe a state of mind similar to what you are like when you are so totally concentrating on something, that you forget where you are.

Absolutely everyone has had such moments, try to remember yours!

7. coredawgy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Finish school. Invest yourself in something, like games or reading or whatever floats your boat. Then start your adult life, make new friends, meet a great guy. It may seem hopeless right now but it'll all work out. I promise. I feel like this sometimes too and all seems to be blegh but then I think, wow, so many people are worse off. I have nothing to complain about. Most of all, stay optimistic and hopeful. Optimism and Hope are the brightest lights one can cling to when everything seems to be drowned in darkness. I'm pulling for you man. :slight_smile: