1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Growing tired of myself and my failures

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by lazyfire, May 7, 2013.

1. lazyfire

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This all began a few days ago while I would be preparing for a big test 3 days before.
    I take the test and have a wonderful weekend, expecting to see a nice mark for once.
    I see the grade today.

BAM! 57. And, now I have to recover two Chemistry tests. And, I have an average of a F- (62-63).

May 10th is the last day to bring up/ or do recovery.

The recovery is retaking the tests for a 70 but I can't even do that!
    I can't stop thinking about summer school now. I CAN'T make my parents pay for something I've already taken!

I wonder, what is the point? Why am I still trying if I'm not going to amount to what I expect myself to do? I thought I did everything right! I thought I knew everything!

Now I am pushing my problems on friends and ranting (like I am doing right now).

And, I guess I kind of worried my friends by suggesting that I'd do drugs just to write a drug scene. They grew frustrated and furious with my idea and refused to talk about it any further. :eusa_danc

Has anyone here had a background with drugs? Just curious. I'm wondering if it could be the opposite for me and help me excel :|

2. If you really focus on what you have to do, you can pull through even if you don't think you can. I was so convinced I was going to fail 3 of my classes because a week before grades were do, I had a 30, 56, and 64 in three different classes (Mainly because I was absent a lot) And in that week, I managed to get all my grades up higher than what I thought I could. I get you though, especially because it's chemistry because chemistry always has me stressed, so I know your pain, haha. Honestly, just read some text books or look things up online, you'll probably study better and you'll learn more that way. Sometimes it's just a certain time period where everything seems to just be going downhill, but really if you want to change, you will be able to. As for drugs, no experience with them, but all the people I know that have done drugs were smart to begin with, and after the drugs, they are more lazy and out of it, so they have a hard time paying attention. I'd suggest you just don't get involved with them at all.

3. lazyfire

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If only I'd seen this when I was in the car. I was literally thinking about cutting myself because I just felt so low and powerless. After seeing your post, I feel a little bit relaxed but I still can't get the cutting out of my head. I really think I deserve it because I don't deserve anything else. I'm just afraid of what will happen if I actually do it...

Don't know what to do. I might just be stressed....or depressed...or weird. I don't know anymore ;o;

4. Ticklish Fish

ohai, chemistry can be difficult
    there are youtube videos and such to help understanding the materials...

may 10 is in 2 days. you can do it! don't give up!
    if there's a topic or problem you don't know how to understand, google it!

hang in there! Don't give up!

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My math teacher recommended khanacademy.com for tutoring on just about everything. I haven't used it myself, but it's pretty well-respected in some academic circles.

6. lazyfire

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A project, homework grade, and a recovery test brought my grade from a 62 to a 65.

93 on project
    100 on homework grade
    70 on recovery (highest)

Well, I can do this. I hope. :slight_smile:

Thank you. I will be using khanacademy :wink:.

I love the support.

7. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Freakin' awesome! Those three points don't mean too much on a practical level, but they do prove that you have the power. Isn't that what school's about? Improvement. Keep up that confidence and willpower and you'll do great. :grin: