1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel like I'm dying.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by SparkleDuck, May 8, 2013.

1. SparkleDuck

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I came out to my mom after a doctor visit for depression and an apparent "mood disorder"
    the doctor gave me pills.. but I told my mom I didn't want them.. I wanted counselling.. After a bit of bickering I told her I was depressed because of being trans.
    She took it okay.. but I can't stop worrying and crying because I know my dad's a bit more old fashioned.. and I'm just so scared of breaking his heart because I'm not "his little girl". I don't know what to do.. I have the worst headache.. I just feel dead right now..

2. Emberblaze

Hey, hang in there man, I think a lot of us has been there... Wanting to live up to our parents' expectations and such...

If you have a loving and healthy relationship with your dad, he may understand. Do you two get along well?

3. Candace

This is the reality that most of us have had once in our lives. He's your father no matter what, and he should love you regardless :slight_smile:

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dead people feel no pain. If you're hurting, you're alive. Like PanaChevere said, his love for you should overwhelm any negative feelings he might have. I think you'll be okay.

And congrats on telling the truth to them. They might listen to you about the counseling after knowing that fact <3

5. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Proud of you! You may not ne his "little girl" but will always be his child. Same person inside but even better because in time he/your mom will see that you are happier. That's what a parent wants most for thier child.