1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

random suicidal thoughts

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by josh9623, May 8, 2013.

1. josh9623

so recently i have started to randomly get this little voice in my head saying things like "I'm gonna kill myself" or "I'm going to commit suicide tonight" and i guess you could say that i have somewhat suicidal thoughts regularly but not serious ones. these thoughts have come along and they sound like subconsciously I'm serious about it and it's starting to scare me. i am supposed to start seeing a counselor soon but until then this has me worried. I'm not even consciously trying to think about it it will just come up randomly. the only thing i can guess to cause it is stress but I've been way more stressed than this before without having these thoughts. and before anyone says anything I don't plan on or want to commit suicide but these thoughts are still scaring me

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you consider these thoughts to originate consciously from your own mind, or do they pop up totally randomly even if you don't want them?

3. josh9623

they just pop up randomly

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm, I would recommend maybe seeing a counselor. He or she might be able to sort out why these thoughts are coming to you without much reason. Do try to relax though; undue stress does you no favors.

5. lazyfire

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    When they randomly pop into your head, what were you thinking about before?

Most of the time, it's because you lack confidence in yourself. It's okay; I'm like that too. If you feel that way about yourself, make a change. Do something that makes you happy in yourself and in what you do. Trust me. You'll become more bold and more direct. If you continue to think suicidal thoughts, consult an adult or someone you trust. Ask them on how you can improve what you lack and commit to their advice instead of suicide.

Cogito ergo sum = "I think, therefore I am".

Think and stay positive. Most random thoughts like that come gradually increasing stress.

Be careful. Stay strong. :slight_smile:

6. Mogget

I used to have intrusive thoughts of suicide and self-harm. Talking to a counselor helped me learn how to manage them, but in my case I also required medication to move beyond them.

7. TryingCynic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I struggle with this all the time. I'll be thinking along, and my mind just goes to some extreme or another. It's not an impossible hurdle to overcome. What I do is question my thoughts. I ask myself `where the hell did that come from` and unless I can in any way convince myself that something should be considered(like some particular caveat causing the stress) I throw it all out. If I can single a pain point, I can then try and focus that point.

---
    Or rather, that is what I try to do most of the time.