1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Severe loss of interest

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Daydreamer1, May 9, 2013.

1. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lately my loss of interest has been getting worse. Before I just wasn't interested in writing (combined with a horrible case of writer's block) and now it's interest in everything. I'd call it boredom, but it's never been this bad before.

I mentioned it to someone about two days ago when I got my meds changed and he said that the loss of interest is from my condition and not likely to be because of the meds. But I never had a loss of interest that was so intense that it was causing me pain. Yes, pain. Even sitting around watching TV was hurting me.

Does anyone have advice for what I can do? The days are feeling like weeks because of this and it's starting to cause me pain again. I'm not in school or working so I don't have a real way to occupy my time and everything I usually do is failing me. I won't be seeing someone for another few days or a week or two and because said people have tight schedules, I can't move my appointments to a closer date. I'm not sure when or if these feelings will cause me to lose it soon, and I won't be surprised if it does. I'm already struggling with trying to keep negative thoughts at bay and keeping my suicidal thoughts under control so I don't need this on top of my issues.

Help? :help:

2. June Cleaver

I kind of felt that way before Mike came to me. I was alone 13 months between relationships and felt hopeless and even spent days repeating the same dvd over and over for days not careing to get up and even change it or eat. Everything just seemed hopeless to me. Are you single? Alone? Maybe you should get out in public, or see a Dr. about it. June

3. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep, I'm single. I don't live alone though, I live with my family. If I had it my way (if I wasn't so financially attached to my family), I'd be living with a friend if he wasn't having issues. I'll be seeing my main doctor around the 30th so I'm kinda stuck there and being in public can cause me distress at times, especially with my inability to pass.

---------- Post added 9th May 2013 at 01:24 PM ----------

As far as feeling alone goes, I'm meh. I'd be around people, but because not many know about my gender, it gets to be grating(sp?) being around others. I'd vent to my friends, but I feel like a burden sometimes when I pour my issues on them.

4. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Loss of interest in things can be a symptom of depression. Sometimes depression isn't so much actually feeling sad, but instead more an inability to feel happy, even when doing something you usually enjoy.

5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was diagnosed with depression back in 2010 or so. I should have mentioned that beforehand.

6. Hexagon

Have you tried videogames? Or masturbation. Between the two, I managed to prevent insanity. I suffered from a similar problem. As an aside, given that you're a writer as well, have you tried lying down, closing your eyes, and writing the story in your head? Its helped me get over the disinterest in writing before.

7. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tried some of the Facebook app games and nothing cuts it for me. The last time I remember doing any real gaming, I got so frustrated that I almost smashed my console.

I'm getting to where I don't know what to do anymore in general. I'm so frustrated and unhappy with everything. I have weeks until I see a doctor or my therapist and I feel like I'm such a burden to my family by moping around. It doesn't help that I rely on someone who works a 3rd shift and barely sleeps enough during the day so I feel worse by making my issues about me all the time.

It's...I don't know. I'm starting to crack.