1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need some advice..

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by soccergirl16, May 9, 2013.

1. soccergirl16

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So recently my parents found out that my older brother way gay and it was rly hard on them, my dad particularly because he's prtty religious. He hasn't come out to any family but I sort of found out on my own. We're extremely close but he hasn't admitted it to me yet. We're extremely close and I want him to know I'm okay with it and I'm here for him, him but idk wat to do? Idk if he assumes I know or if he's expecting me to bring it up...On top of tht it's been rly confusing because recently I've found myself being attracted to girls as well as guys. It's scary trying to figure out who I am when my parents r still struggling accept my brother. It's almost like I'm expected to be the straight child cuz honestly idk if my parents can handle having both their kids gay or even bi. I remember my dad after finding out about my bro saying tht he cldnt accept it cuz it wasn't right, but I guess he's coming around...idk all of it just scares me and confuses me more because I feel like I need to be straight for my parents sake.

2. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know things maybe overwhelming at the moment, but things will get better. You could casually mention to your brother that you're experiencing attraction to the same sex as well. You never know, he may decide to open up to you, and that way you both will feel less alone. I have a friend who's a lesbian and her brother is gay, so it's not unheard of.

You should not have to pretend to be someone you're not for your parents sake. Being who you are is a good thing; you're being real, which is appreciated more. It's just going to take time for your parents to come around.