1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Happy Part; The Sad Part and The Downright Confusing Part

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Trapped By Fear, May 10, 2013.

1. Trapped By Fear

Alrite, so here's the happy part..There's this girl and we have known eachother for the past 10 years or so..But we were'nt always as close at least until a few months ago..And now she is like one of the closest friends I got..During these past few months, I have developed deep feelings..Its safe to say that I'm head over heels for her..I can be myself with her and my stomach does these weird flip flops whenever I'm near her..I find myself grinning like an idiot whenever I think about her and I like taking care of her and hugging her and stuff...Is this how love's supposed to feel like??I've never been in love before so I got no clue..

Here's the sad part...A few months ago, she told me that there was this guy she liked in our school and that he liked her back..But they were'nt in any kind of relationship because this guy was being all hot and cold..I did a full fledged background check on him and discovered that he was a decent guy who indeed had genuine feelings for her..She asked me for advise and as much as it killed me inside, I told her to pursue him..He is a decent guy and he can make her happy..And with that, I tried my level best to fall out of love but it's difficult because I see her everyday..And she hugs me but I don't hug her back anymore..She kisses my cheek and tells me that I am the greatest friend she ever had..And she sticks to me like glue..I try my best to ignore her but I can't because she is wherever I am..Dont get me wrong; I LOVE the fact that we are spending so much time together but it makes my head and my heart hurt...Did I mention I have inappropriate dreams about her too??? Dreams that make me wanna take a very cold shower afterwards..Is that normal???

And now for the downright confusing part...And it all started a month ago...We were in Chemistry class and she always sat beside me in chemistry..Out of nowhere, she tells me that she doesn't like the guy anymore and they talked it out and decided to remain friends..I said I was sorry but I was doing a happy dance in my mind(!)..But then to my disappointment she tells me that there is someone else..Someone she has known for more than 10 years, someone she considers to be a very good friend and someone who is always there for her..It may be my imagination or my hormones talking; but was my very straight friend talking about me??? I thought of it for a while but then concluded that it might be one of the guys she hangs out with and trust me, most of her friends are guys with huge crushes on her..And I don't blame them because she is pretty amazing, in all aspects...Anyways I asked her if i knew the person and she just said that I knew the person very well...And the thing is, I only have one guy best friend and he is in a relationship with my girl best friend..And I also noticed how she kept using the word "person" instead of the word 'him'...On top of this; a few days ago, she told me that if I were a guy, I would be her ideal boyfriend...I simply nodded my head and did'nt comment on it...I'm not showing off or anything but a lot of straight girls I know have said the very same thing to me so I didn't really pay attention to it..But all those girls don't keep bringing it up...She on the other hand loves to mention it over and over again..Just yesterday, she told me several times how it felt like I was her boyfriend and then she laughed about it...I didn't comment or anything but just smiled along with her..

At this point, I am so very confused!!!!!
    Fun Fact: She doesn't even know that I'm gay...I'm only out to like three people; people who haven't revealed it to anyone else including her....
    And I'm pretty sure she is not gay either..She might be bi but I don't know what to think at this point...

Any and all words of advise will be highly appreciated..Thank you for taking your time to read this..I know its very big but once I start writing, I can't stop myself..Ok I'm Done..

2. JessRae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

Yes! it is normal it goes on with everybody I guess that's what people do when they are in love or has feelings to someone they can't stop thinking to them to the point you'll dream about them.

I like how you composed yourself trying to be stiffed and act normal even though in the inside you want to scream and cart wheeling because of happiness. :grin:

I'm not really good at advising but I suggest you tell that person whom the reason of all the butterflies in your stomach as to who you really are its one way of saying the truth with them since you guys has been friends for almost 10 yrs now. She will accept you by the way she talks to you about YOU being her Boyfriend and all that. I guess she's open and aware that you are into woman is just that she wanted you to tell her personally because she doesn't want to jump into conclusion nor assume besides it would be nice if you will tell her personally it means you're being truthful to her and she would definitely appreciate that telling the truth takes to a lot of courage but its one way of you being true to her in all aspect that means you treasure the friendship and her as a person. If it went well and she's okay with you being who you are then that's time you'll think of ways how to tell your feelings, woman at times are naturally flirty they might gave you all the signals in the world yet in the end they are just being too sweet and friendly nothing more than that. So what you did is somehow right of not assuming that she likes you cause you might be wrong and that hurts a lot. Try to tell her first of who you really are before you tell her how you feel towards her.

I hope this will help! Good luck to you buddy and keep us posted. :icon_bigg

3. Trapped By Fear

Hey...:slight_smile:
    I'm sorry for the delayed reply (I got my exams going on; pain in the ass..-.-)
    THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH for your advise(*hug*), I needed it...
    And I'm thinking of breaking it to her after our exams are over (I don't want her to get side-tracked by my coming out or anything).....So, How do you think I should do it???
    Should I just come out and drop the bomb or should I give her a back story and then scale up to it??I was thinking that after our exams are over; I would take her out to lunch, just the two of us and then I would break it to her...But then again I would not want her to think that I had tricked her into a date or anything...:confused: ( although I really really want to take her out and stuff)..
    Anyways...I am in desperate need of advise; Again..-.-
    Any and all help will be highly appreciated......:slight_smile::slight_smile: