1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I built up all that courage...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by sme, May 10, 2013.

1. sme

sme

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I built up all that courage to go to the LBGT Straight Alliance meeting at my college, and they moved it... Without even putting a sign up to say where they moved it to! :frowning2:
    I was so terrified to go in the first place, and I felt like crying when I didn't even know where it moved to.
    The teacher that runs it must have known when she talked to me a few days ago that it was going to have to move... It just really made me sad that I wasn't informed, and didn't have any way of finding it...
    *sigh*
    Now I have to build it up all over again... I don't even know if I can...

2. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's awful! They should have posted info about the new location.

But it's great you tried to go! That alone is a big step. Also think: the fact you are so upset may show how important this really is.

I notice under your user name on the left that you are out to "One very trusty individual." Any chance that individual would be willing to go with you at least one time to provide moral support?

3. sme

sme

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It must be that important... I think I just want to meet and talk to some people that have or are going through what I am going through...

I think he would. He was busy today, though, moving his mom to her new house. That's why he didn't go.
    *sigh..*
    Going to see Gatsby tonight... That will help! I've been waiting for months for them to release that movie!

4. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When is the next meeting? Next week? Next month?

In the meantime, remember: you have EC. But that real world experience is also incredibly valuable. I think I may have already told you this, but what I like about PFLAG meetings is the freedom for two hours of actually being who I am without worry... It's incredibly addictive. And it gives me incentive to make the changes I need to make so I can be totally out of the closet. (Although I suppose I will miss the talking trees and animals of Narnia....:lol: But not enough to want to linger a day longer than I need to.)

Oh, yes. Enjoy that movie! You deserve it. I am not kidding when I say just trying to go to that meeting is a big step.

5. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awe that's not cool! I could tell you seemed so excited to go, but hey, there's always next time. I hope it didn't ruin your day too much. And I hope you had an awesome night; Leo is pretty dreamy--not really, but he is a good actor :slight_smile:

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's really not cool. They should've put up a sign or something like that to tell people where the meeting was moved to. I hope that you can get the courage to try again. It's really worth it!

7. sme

sme

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Apparently, the coordinating teacher didn't even know where they moved it! I guess the kids just run it however they please... She says she spent a half an hour trying to find them today.. :/ That doesn't sound like the stability and communication that I need...

8. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The teacher didn't know where the new location is? Wow!

I may have said this before, but, if I have, I'll say it again: I think it's worth visiting your nearest PFLAG chapter. I guess they vary area to area (which one would expect), but I've found one in my area quite helpful. I get the bulk of needed support from EC, but PFLAG gives me a 2 hour chance to be gay, and accepted, in the real world.