1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you react to LGBT friendly "signs" on store employees?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by BMC77, May 12, 2013.

1. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Earlier, I bought some groceries, and noticed the cashier had a LGBT symbol. LGBT, or LGBT supporter, one assumes. Since leaving the store, I've been wondering how I should deal with this in the future. Asking, "You're gay, too!?!" is out (I don't feel comfortable asking that question, and it doesn't seem like any of my business. For that matter, all that concerns me is that the order gets rung up correctly.) But I'm wondering if it's acceptable to "recognize" the sign, and somehow say, "I'm LGBT friendly, too!"

Perhaps I should just plan to keep my mouth closed, but have a noticeable sign of my own. I think the PFLAG chapter I've attended has such merchandise for sale...

#1 BMC77, May 12, 2013
    Last edited: May 12, 2013
  2. manoverboard09

I've never seen anyone with any kind of symbol or sticker to be honest, besides on cars and things.

I guess I would just be like "Hey, I like your sign!" Or something like that.

3. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've never seen anyone with that, but if I did i'd either not say anything or say nice pin or something.

4. Candace

I haven't seen that....but I've seen places on my campus which are "safe zones" and are marked with stickers on the door or wherever.