1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*insert music from the world's smallest violin*

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by myheartincheck, May 12, 2013.

1. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Today was a terrible day.

I'm realizing how few people are really my true friends. I hate being lonely all the time. I'm always trying to play nice and be strong and there for others but I just don't know how much longer I can be... There's just too much to deal with in this world, and no one to help me through it.

I'm just going to have to admit that nobody can help me, because at the end of the day I still feel lonely.

Also want to apologize for any rude posts I've made regarding religious debates lately. I have not intended to step on any toes... I'm just really out of it today.

2. castle walls

I'm sorry to hear that you had such a rough day today (*hug*)

True friends are rare and hard to find. In the past, I tried to be the strong one for all of my friends and that gets exhausting pretty quick. Is there any way that you can lean on one of those true friends for support right now? Perhaps you could tell them how you feel. Sometimes, just one person showing you that they care can make a world of difference.

If you can't lean on your friends, you can always tell us on EC what is going on

Best wishes!

3. Samael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey! Don´t be sad girl. You can count friends with the fingers of one hand, and it is all you need. Its is hard to realize that, some people we think as our friends, are not. But, you don't want fake people in your life, do you? Stick to your true friends, love them and enjoy them. Those friends are worth your life.

On the other hand... I have a friend (we don't talk to each other right now) that used to complain about me not inviting him to hang out, but when I did, he didn't have time, was busy, didn't have money, was set with another friend, etc etc.... so we started to become like strangers....

The point is, that sometimes, we make people want to be far from us without realizing that is kind of our fault (not being nice with them, overly sarcastic, etc etc.)
    Talk to your friends and ask them how do they feel when they're with you, and if, by any chance, you have made something wrong, apologize and try hard to change that.

Cheers! And remember that there's always someone waiting for you around the corner!

Regards,

Samael.

4. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know it may not seem like much, but my opinion of you makes me shocked to know that you don't have many true friends. From everything you write and how you seem, I just don't understand why anyone wouldn't want to be your friend. I kinda know how you feel. I lost a lot of friends due to their drug use. They knew I didn't approve of it, and they chose the drugs over the friendship we shared. I have a lot of "here and there" friends, but only the kind that I hang out with every once in a while. My two closest friends are in college, so I barely get to see them. So I get lonely sometimes. Whenever I make a new friend, I wonder how long our friendship will actually last, because I tend to be a magnet for wishy washy people.

I think you're a great person, even if you don't believe me. After all, I'm just someone behind a computer screen, right? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks guys! Your comments mean a lot to me!

Thanks. Yes being the giver all the time gets super exhausting. If more people were like you though this world would be a better place! We need more good friends on this planet.

I did have an argument with my best friend tonight, but she's ignoring my attempts at making up. I believe that may have sparked this depression because I don't think she wants to stay friends. She holds in her anger and grudges just like how I lost my other friends. =/

I think you made the right decision. They say friends are a reflection of yourself and I know that's not your scene. You've overcome so much and I have a lot of respect for you.

I too wonder how long relationships will last. More and more, even though I never did before. I just rolled with the punches, but now I want a consistent friend in my life. I believe what you say, you're not just "someone behind a computer screen" to me because you always reply with such awesome responses. You know how to cheer me up and that has a lot of value.

6. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Ignore a holes and enjoy ur life :slight_smile: be kind to urself :slight_smile:

7. Xochipilli

You're feeling terrible, but the last few sentences of your post are still an apology!
    Homegirl, you need to put yourself first for a while.
    I can't claim to know to you, but from the way you present yourself on EC you seem wonderful! And it's crap that you're feeling this way when you're always so ready to be there for others.
    EC hugs! (*hug*)

8. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks you're awesome too! I guess I do sort of have a hard time taking care of myself... Thanks for listening to my tales of woe. (*hug*)

9. Xochipilli

No problem! I wish I had better words of comfort. :eusa_doh:

:slight_smile: Be selfish! :grin:

10. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Awww! Thanks so much for saying that! :slight_smile: I'm glad I was able to bring some light into the moment. I meant everything I said.

I also would love to have a consistent friend in my life. I actually just recently stopped hanging out with a girl I met several months ago because she used me. I don't think she intentionally used me, though. I just think she is immature, self-absorbed, and has a lack of respect for other people without realizing it. She's dropping hints that she wants to hang out again, but I keep putting it off. The older I've gotten, the more of a backbone I've grown. She also recently got a boyfriend, and I'm sure you know how that goes. :dry:

11. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah as I age I seem to have higher and higher standards for friends. And omigosh yes I know EXACTLY what it's like when girls get a new boyfriend. @_@