1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

@!#* ex again

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Ruby Dragon, May 13, 2013.

1. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    HOW ON EARTH DO I GET THE MESSAGE THROUGH MY EX GIRLFRIEND'S THICK, STUBBORN, BORDERING ON INSANE SKULL???????

We had a massive fight yesterday, after I told her for the 7th or 8th time NOT TO EVER CONTACT ME AGAIN, and that I want NOTHING more to do with her!!!

YET, when I check my phone this morning, she had the f:***:ing nerve to contact me YET AGAIN! I'm getting really tired of having to repeat myself to her on a regular basis! She is dating her ex-boyfriend again, and I see no point whatsoever in keeping contact with someone who used me and blatantly disregarded my feelings :tantrum: :bang: :eusa_doh:

My reply to her:

"Are you crazy or just plain stupid? What part of "LEAVE ME ALONE AND DON'T CONTACT ME AGAIN" is unclear to you? :***: knows, just delete my number, and don't contact me again. I'm really getting tired of having to keep repeating myself. Go the :***: away, out of my life! Looks like that is the only way to get you to understand. Do you understand what I said, or do I have to break it down even more?"

Is this maybe too harsh? I'm just really sick and tired of that whiny little shit and her ignorance/determination!!! She's like dog shit stuck to your shoe: You can try to remove it using a stick, you can even try to wash it off under a tap, but there'll always be at least a little bit of it to stink up your life and ruin your day!!!

Please note: I cannot change my mobile number, and blocking her on IM obviously doesn't work, as she then simply texts me directly. Makes me feel sick to my stomach, and ruins my day!

2. castle walls

Have you tried ignoring her? If she doesn't get any reaction from you at all, contacting you becomes pointless. It may take awhile for her to get the hint but if talking to her about it and blocking her isn't working, ignoring her could work. If you decide to this, you have to stick with it though. No matter how irritating it becomes

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You could block her number on your phone. I had to do that with somebody because they wouldn't stop bothering me..

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not too harsh. Playing devil's advocate, my gf has actually admitted to meaning the opposite of what she says, so "go away" might come off as "I want you to persist in trying to win me back, so much that I will be sorely disappointed if you don't." This is why I'm drawn to guys. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

So while you don't need to necessarily be mean, you can use plenty of force and otherwise insulting bluntness if you feel it will have a better chance of working. You can always throw in a "I'm not playing games" or something similar, and tell her that any messages from her will be ignored and instantly deleted.

5. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yip. I've literally tried everything I can think of to shake this stupid bitch, but she just keeps coming back for more. It worked for about a month and a half, then she texted me again. Silence for about a week, and then she ruined my day both yesterday and today!

Current plan of action after my last message: Ignoring her yet again. Only, this time I won't reply to anything she says or does, as it obviously encourages her to keep coming back

Plan B: Considering actually calling her and telling her exactly where she can shove her friendship or whatever she's looking to get out of this. Might work if she actually hears me say it, rather than through text... Unlikely but worth a try if all else fails :bang:

---------- Post added 13th May 2013 at 10:03 PM ----------

That may be the case here too... She thinks I'm encouraging her to try even harder to win me over and be her bff or something.

I'm sorry, but I don't want anything to do with someone once they've double-crossed me or hurt me in any other way. I hold grudges and don't easily forget. She's like an annoying little child that keeps poking you and then repeats everything you say, and just gets you so wound up that you're close to grabbing them by the throat and strangling them before hanging them upside down and dropping them off the 10th story balcony, and then backing over them a couple of times with a car. That's how she makes me feel.

(I won't really do that to an innocent child though)

6. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Add one more vote to the "ignore her" choir.
    But also note: contacting someone to tell them "I'm ignoring you" is actually the opposite of ignoring them.
    Because some people don't actually hear the message. All they see is "I'm getting a reaction, so that means there is some feeling there!". For some, bad attention is still better than no attention.

So: steel yourself. Don't allow her to ruin your day. If you see she texted you, don't even read the text. Straight to the trash bin with it! If you're in the same room, don't eve glance at her. If she wants to make a scene, her choice, she's air to you.

It will take weeks to months, but inevitably, if you keep it up, she'll get the message.

7. maracont

The awkward area between bible belt and large city
    I think calling her is a good idea, but call her and then blocking her outta your phone is even better.

8. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for all the great replies and advice

So far so good - she didn't even reply to the last message, so I'm guessing she finally got the message, and will now just bugger off out of my life. If I'd known beforehand that she'd be this clingy, determined and stalkerish, I'd never even have met her.

Woke up feeling guilty about the way I treated her in my last text. I guess sometimes I overreact ever so slightly, but I just felt that it was necessary afterall to be this rude. And it seems to have worked. I blocked two other people (both males) on IM a couple of months ago already, and they seemed to get the message even without me having to tell them to leave me alone. Just makes this woman look even crazier :lol:

Even though I feel bad about the terrible way in which I told her off, I also feel a sense of relief and freedom. Keeping my fingers crossed that it'll stay this way. For good.