1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexuality and promiscuity

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by charlavail, May 14, 2013.

1. charlavail

Out Status:
    All but family
    Long story short, I've come to the conclusion I'm pansexual. I've thought about it, and I've realized I honestly don't care what gender someone classifies themselves as, it has nothing to do in whether I find someone attractive or not.

But, has anyone noticed the stigma around those who are not attracted to just one sex? Maybe it's just where I live, and the culture I was raised in, but for example, when people say bisexual, they automatically think of dirty people, full of STDs, having sex with everyone, no morals. Imagine if I tell someone that I "like" everyone (so to speak). Apart from the fact I'll get "you are just confused, shut up" I'll get "wow, so you sleep around alot, huh?"

Has anyone come across this? Considering I'm as clean and virgin as they come, it's kind of hard to talk to people about my sexuality and what I identify as when the topic comes up (because for some odd reason it comes up a lot, not my doing...) because the "whore" light automatically comes on.

2. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get that a lot. Especially from men. Because for some reason, once they find out a woman is bisexual, they immediately picture a threesome. Makes me sick

3. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I feel you VelvetBlade; for me being lesbian, most guys think they can convert me. Like, all you need is some good...you know what. It's so annoying!!! Anyone can be promiscuous, whether they are straight or LGBT. Even though I will admit that at one point of my life, I was having sex with both men and women. I was trying so hard not to be myself (gay), so I was indiscriminate about who I had sex with. It was by far one of the darkest moments of my life because it left me feeling so used. Then again, a lot of my issues were caused by underlining issues (being bipolar.)

However, nowadays, I could care less about what people think of me. As long as you know who you are then their opinions should not matter at all.

4. dreamcatcher

I once knew this lesbian girl who said she wouldn't date bisexuals because she felt that they couldn't stay in one relationship and that they would cheat alot. And guess who jumped from relationship to relationship and had also cheated on some of her girlfriends? :dry: A lot of the times people criticize others for the insecurities that they in themselves. And sometimes people are just jerks. Don't worry about others and do what you need to do to be happy. It's hard to do at first but with practice you will get there.

5. JuvenileSuccess

I've encountered that attitude. A (at the time) very close friend once told me that whilst she had nothing against gays bisexuals were greedy and slutty. It was prior to me coming out as bisexual. It does seem to be an opinion lots of people have. It's irritating.

6. June Cleaver

I can't tell you how many women have tried to convert me saying once with me you'll never go back once.... My ex's sister still grabs my package every time she sees me in hopes I'll be happy to see her. LOL! So that story goes both ways. Now I never went through a promiscuous stage, but I have had my fair share of men. No where near the number who have asked for it.

Being a Trans-woman I have had a lot of women and parents accuse me of being riddled with STDs. Since I get checked several times a year, I have been known to show my paperwork just to shut them up and hopefully avoid rumors. Most can't understand Trans and lump me into the Gay lable which they assume me to have STDs and covet every man's package, and also to be a child molester because "he's Gay". When really I am a woman and it frustrates me when it happens.

Last year I befriended a married young man named Eric and his wife of 5 years. I was so hopeing this one would be diffrent. As always with straight men who are around me for long he fell in love with me and his inlaws noticed his behavior and started the drum beat that we were screwing and I had STDs she was going to catch yati yati yati! I showed her my recent papers and assured her we were only friends which was hard to do since by then every waking moment with me, following me everywhere like a love sick puppy dog. I had to just cut him out of my life because she was hurting inside and I know how it feels so I won't be the other woman in that type of case. After all I have my own husband that I love and won't cheat on and I hate that women throw themselves on him all the time making me uneasy. So ithe promiscuity is also in the straight world too! June

#6 June Cleaver, May 16, 2013
    Last edited: May 16, 2013