1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

going downhill

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Danny19, May 15, 2013.

1. Danny19

well i have been having the worst semester at school. This semester my grades are practically F's or D's. which isnt good obviously. I feel stressed because i dont think im gonna pass these classes. My mom is probably gonna find out and shes gonna be mad. I feel like im a failure now because of this. Im still going to school but i feel like its pointless. But i dont know what to do. I procrastinated and lagged it soo much and now i dont even care about it anymore. i guess im not really looking for advice, just wanted to let it out

i hate school :bang:

2. Dalmatian

There are many possible reasons for doing bad at school. To do really, really well, you should ideally be interested in the subject matter, have enough time to go through materials and have enough concentration and self-control to actually go through them.

So, my first idea (in your place) would be to try to answer these questions:
    1. Is this something that interests me in the long run?
    2. Do I have everything I need to do well?
    3. Am I giving myself enough time to study?

Your answers and the reasons behind them are what matters. For example, if you are really not interested, you are unlikely to stop procrastinating (but if that's so, why did you start this at all). If you are not interested at the moment, for example because other problems are overwhelming you, that's different and you should address that other stuff. If you are procrastinating just because you are gaming or something alike, that's different as well and you should be addressing that.

In any case, I wouldn't recommend lying to your mother. I know a guy who lied to his parents for years and when the time came when they thought he was close to graduating and they expected info on the ceremony, they learned that he got stuck in the second year (out of five) or something like that. Really. Now, I know this is nothing near that, but I'm just saying.. he wishes he was honest from the beginning.

3. Kahne5

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My advice is not to worry about the past but figure out what makes you happy in the now! You should be taking classes that excite you and maybe right now in you life it's something you wish not to pursue but it's your life to master and your life to lead with happiness and joy! I firmly believe education is the tool of self empowerment and it is something many lack and need. But I understand that you must achieve your dreams on your won accord and not by any others including your mother. But your future is important, take it step by step and take the summer off to find your calling and then go for it and do your life up with excellence!

4. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Its ok. A long long time ago.....I went to professor & was totally honest. Told him short & matter of fact the situation and I got an extension from tough proff. Profs/teachers are alot of ego sometimes. comment on how much you like their lectures sincerely-might help-Say that you have been having a hard time learning to balancing studies w/everything else. Just try to at least pass classes. If D's count towards graduation take 'em! BTW this is coming from someone who knows about D's. Hugs

5. Candace

Fall down seven, get up eight. No one's a failure. Just don't make the same mistake and realise what went wrong and what you can do to change that behaviour. What exactly caused you to procrastinate so much (might I ask)?

6. Danny19

Thank you guys for your responses. I have been thinking and i talked with some friends to get some feedback. They suggested me to just not go to school since it wouldnt even change anything. I added up my points and i wasnt gonna pass either of my classes. so i just decided to stop wasting my time and gas and im not going anymore. However i kinda have a plan. Im gonna tell my mom half the truth. lol. Im just going to tell her that i failed one of my classes so i have to retake it before i go back to the university. So im going to sign up at another college for next semester. Im going to go to the college one of my friends goes to. She said she could help me get my stuff together. Im gonna retake the classes i failed and maybe take some other one i need. Im not entirely sure about all the details yet, but hopefully it works out. what do you guys think?

@ElPanaChevere well i came out to my sisters a few months ago so i kinda felt stressed about that so i just wanted to go out all the time. and because of that i lagged it alot.