1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are there people in this world who don't cheat on thier partner?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Stridenttube, May 16, 2013.

1. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

Just curious. It seems like all of my friends cheat or get cheated on. It's like nobody believes in staying faithful to thier partner or they don't realize how much it hurts to get cheated on. I'm afraid to be in a relationship because I couldn't handle being cheated on, not to mention I'd always be paranoid I'm being cheated on. What's the point if everyone sleeps around and lies?

2. Femmeme

I'm 37 years old. In all my years of dating I've never, ever cheated and only once have I had someone cheat on me. Not everyone cheats. I know it's scary to trust someone with your heart, but it's usually worth the risk.

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Cheating is one thing I would NEVER do. It's never okay, no matter how horrible your partner is, you don't betray someone like that. If you don't love them, break up first, THEN date. Cheating just makes you an untrustworthy scumbag*.

*There was one instance where a friend of mine cheated on his long-term gf in a one-night stand with a girl he thought had a terminal disease. He felt horrible for it, apologized to her many times. She actually forgave him for it, and they're still together. I'll give him a pass from being called a scumbag, because he really is a good guy.

4. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I went with a guy for a week when me and my girlfriend a few years back 'broke up' when she moved. And then she came back and acted like my girlfriend again and I went with it. If that makes me a cheater then I guess I am one, but I always say/said that I would NEVER cheat.

5. seeksanctuary

25 years old, and I've never cheated. I've had multiple partners at once, as I am polyamorous, but they were all aware of what was going on... usually I'm the one getting cheated on, which is rather annoying. : P

6. Tiny Catastrophe

I've never cheated on anyone no matter how poorly they treated me in a relationship. I treat people the way I want to be treated. Unfortunately I have been cheated on a number of times. The worst being when my ex boyfriend (when I dated boys in high school) slept with my best friend at the time and got her pregnant shortly after. But not everyone is like that. I'm happy to say I'm finally in a relationship where I'm not worried about my girlfriend cheating on me.

7. Hefiel

I'd never cheat on my partner. I have trust issues, so I know how hard it can be to be cheated on or lied to, which is why I'd never do it to anyone I cared about, especially a partner.

8. Not everyone cheats, but now it seems like people do it more often and can hide it easier. Sometimes it scares me because you never know when a person could be doing it. Around you they can be loving and kind and seem like you're the only one on their mind, but then they go behind your back and in the end you're back to the beginning. I would never cheat on anyone, it's just not fair to the person who puts all their effort into being with you, then you throw that all away for someone else. If someone likes two people at once, they shouldn't try to pursue them both at the same time, but that's what most people do when they cheat. They don't know how to end one relationship so they try to balance two at once. It's not fair to anybody to break a person's heart like that.

9. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Growing up I always cheated or have been cheated on and it's put me off dating coz I was afraid that I might go back to my old habits and that's when I met someone who has really made me better person and I've not once thought of hooking up with anyone else and the way things are going now, I don't think I ever will

10. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never cheated on anyone. My girlfriend is into the bdsm scene though and she goes pretty far with her mistress, I'm still on the fence about that.

11. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would never cheat, I am too much of a loyal person :slight_smile:

12. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

13. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

What is the point of being in a relationship if you can't know if your partner is cheating on you or not? Everything could be a lie and you wouldn't know. Now people make the excuse that men are hard wired to not be monogamous.

14. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No idea if this is true...but I've heard it said that some guys are, by nature, incapable of monogamy. Other guys--possibly a minority--are wired to be relationship minded, and committed to their partner. The trick: make sure your "wiring" aligns with that of your partner.

I can say I'd be 100% faithful...and I've been celibate long enough to suggest that I can avoid temptation!

15. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

That doesn't help at all. Lol. Guess I'm just going to skip the relationship thing. Guess love is really just a fantasy.

16. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sorry. But I did try.:tears:

---------- Post added 18th May 2013 at 04:51 PM ----------

I have heard of very committed couples... It can happen. Even in a culture that seems to be the Hookup of the Day. Or even Hookup of the Five Minutes.

For a number of reasons, today I guess I could well stay celibate the rest of my life. But...one never knows for sure. That special someone might come along.

17. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

Maybe I should just work on making myself attractive as possible so to lessen my chances of getting cheated on.

18. oneday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not all guys cheat. My boyfriend and I have been together for over 7 months now and we are totally committed and faithful to one another and we plan to stay that way. To make things even harder, we are currently in a long distance relationship, but I'll be moving to his city in a couple of weeks. It's been difficult and challenging because we can't be together all the time to meet each others' needs, but we have stayed faithful. I would agree that you need to ensure that your partners' values are the same as yours from the outset. After a few dates, I told him I was a complete monogamist and he told me he was the same and that settled it.

---------- Post added 18th May 2013 at 07:58 PM ----------

Don't get discouraged because I remember I did when I first started dating. Guys just wanted to be with me to get a quick fix and I wasn't into that, so it was difficult. The right guy will come along. It just might take a bit of time, but believe me, you'll find him. I never thought I would and I did.

19. Foxface

33 years old, married almost 11 years, never even came close

Foxface

20. Trailblazer

There's definitely different thinking when it comes to relationships I'm sure. I've always had a pretty straightforward mindset of monogamy when thinking of who I want to be with. Even though I haven't found anyone yet, I know what I like in someone and don't really care to go anywhere with someone I don't feel right with.

Listening to people where I work too, its as if they don't even try to hide affairs and are just careless. I can't respect someone that does that.