1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im Lesbian but i dated a guy anyway...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by chibiidol, May 16, 2013.

1. chibiidol

chibiidol Guest

So i always thought i was a Lesbian
    But then i guy asked me out and i said yes because i wanted to see if maybe i was bisexual
    At first i didnt like it at all, when we kissed i almost felt sick
    But i stayed with him for some reason and he eventually grew on me..

Just when i thought things were going pretty well..
    He broke up with me because im not "affectionate enough"

It hurts alot right now, and im not sure why
    I really liked him but i cant say that i ever really had feelings for him if you know what i mean
    It was a very platonic love on my part so the break up was a good thing for both of us

It just confuses me that it hurts so much, i even cried. It feels as if i did have feeling for him even though im pretty sure i didnt.
    He said our relationship felt like a friendship so maybe its the friendship that i miss?

So confused..
    words of advice?

2. Kat kanu

Its probably just the.friend ship its hard to lose a friend im sorry hun

3. SomeNights

ice cream and a good movie (*hug*)

I've been there, done that and the only time it ever ended with a mutual "whatever" is when the relationship just didn't exist anymore. It sounds like you do miss the ability to have someone familiar close by at a moments notice...or your bisexual, but either way the best thing for you to do now is to take a wallow night

:wink: hope this helped

4. Femmeme

It hurts. Rejection always hurts. I dated plenty of guys over the years I was trying to be straight. That platonic love can be a strong thing, not to mention companionship, the feeling of being wanted and the chance of not having to deal with being gay. When you lose those things it hurts. It's ok to be upset about this. It's perfectly natural.

Let yourself grieve it, and when you're done you get to move on to better things and better understanding of who you are and what you want. For real this time. (*hug*)

5. chibiidol

chibiidol Guest

Thank you everyone, This was my first break up so i wasnt sure what to think
    but like you said im sure its just the rejection that hurts
    nevertheless ill go get some ice cream and watch a good movie
    At least now after that experiences i know my preferences for sure
    Im going to college for the first time in fall so there will be plenty of fish in the sea ^-^

6. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry you're hurting (*hug*)

Going through your first break up is tough; everything happens for a reason or so they say. If you feel like you still like guys then do not let this experience dissuade you from dating other guys. Obviously, when you're ready to start dating again; plus you're still young and exploring who you are. So, enjoy that ice cream and watch a funny movie, nothing depressing.

When I used to date men in the past, things would end because the relationship lacked something. I'm sure it was because I could not feel that closeness (affection) that I'd feel towards a woman. It sucked, but you cannot force something that isn't there.

#6 pinklov3ly, May 16, 2013
    Last edited: May 16, 2013
  7. Britishskittles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm basically saying again what others have said but il say it anyway , when I broke up with my first boyfriend who I was dating to try and fit in it hurt I cried but I remember thinking why does it hurt I thought I didn't like men so this got me me confused and I thought mayby I was slightly bisexual but then I realised I missed having someone there tht cared for me as much as he did , rather than him and I missed his friends as well as I fancied one of them just to make matters worse ,but I was relieved to not be sleeping with him anymore , so I mourned that relatonship and then fell hard for a girl and how I feel about her is so much more extreme and it hurt like hell when she broke up with me so that kinda put everything in prespective , I am gay I don't see myself with a man ever again i was just upset at his rejection and that's okay

8. chibiidol

chibiidol Guest

Its so great hearing from people with similar experiences as me, its good to know im not alone. You all really made me feel better :')