1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can family members be so insensitive that it's okay to hate them?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by lazyfire, May 16, 2013.

1. lazyfire

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've just been so irritated with my parents, my cousins, and even the people in my family that I respected. I can't ever relate to them and my relatives (cousins etc) always laugh at me. They often assume that I'm gay and ask each other, "Is he gay?". They tease, mock, and they never take me seriously. When they joke or laugh at me, they try to get the adults' attention and it drives me insane. I don't want my parents to know and I always feel scared that if they know that they may not respect me anymore. I want to have someone in this family that understands and supports me. But, no one does! It's all just one big pile of shit right now and I can't deal with this anymore. I wouldn't care if it were strangers but I care if it's my family. I love them but the mutual relationship is deteriorating. Sometimes, I don't even want to go home. Sometimes, I don't even want to talk to my parents or family. I just want to shut myself in my room and just cry. Being gay isn't something they should laugh at. It is something they should try and understand.

I just hate the way they tease me and the way they gossip behind my back. I hate them all. Is this even socially accepted? To hate immediate family because of an issue like this?

2. Just Chill

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I personally don't like to call it hate but yeah you could strongly dislike immediate family members all the time in my case I just distance myself that way they are somewhat invisible to me.