1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My relationship with my Dad plummeted so quickly...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Pyrenees, May 17, 2013.

1. Pyrenees

My Dad has, for 16 years (to exaggerate), always been a dominant and stubborn man. If he is wrong... oops! He is "never" wrong. Even though he is a kind, generous, loving parent... he has faults that always make me doubt if he truly does love me.

His punishments are ridiculous and unfair. For example, 3 months ago I wanted to go to my dance crew's party. My Dad was too busy in the morning to take me so I didn't want to burden him by removing him from his schedule. So, I created my own transportation plan. I had my friends pick me up and we went to the mall and hanged out for a while. When it was time for the party, I walked. It was a 30 minute walk, so it was much easier compared to the 3 hour distance from my house to my friend's. After the party ended, I called my Dad to pick me up.
    He responded something like, "You are not in a position to compromise a transportation as of right now." It was 10PM.
    I told him I had no friends that could take me home at this time... but he said, "I don't think you read my pleading message, so we are in disagreement. Find your own ride."

I got home at 4.

As of late, our relationship has somewhat improved. We haven't fought in a while because I just avoid him. But last night was a disaster. My Dad is abusive. He verbally and physically abuses me.
    Last night, I went downstairs and he accused me of something completely stupid and irrelevant. He started berating me, and I got sick of his act and decided to finally stick up for myself and stand my ground. He got mad, warning me to "not talk back to him." I yelled at him for always using that excuse whenever I was right. He walked up to my face, eyes bloodshot and enraged. Then, making eye contact with me for a minute, punched me in the face.
    After all these years, I finally defended myself (but by instinct.) I punched him back, but he tackled me to the floor. My Dad tried to pin me to the floor but by this age I was already stronger than him. I reversed and held him down and was about to punch him in the face... but my Mom and sister had to restrain me.

Honestly, I would NEVER do such a thing. I just... got angry.
    My Dad tried to kill me right after. He got a knife but Mom stopped him. But she got cut in the process.

Tomorrow is my tennis banquet and I need a ride to the restaurant. Only my sister and Dad can provide transportation, but my sister is too lazy and my Dad is completely shunning me. To get a ride, my Dad expects me to apologize to him for insulting him. But I honestly feel that he should apologize to me for ONCE in his life, even if what I did was shameful.

What should I do? I know I need to make things up with him but... it's not easy for me.
    Thank you for taking time to read.

2. SomeNights

Honestly, if it's that bad, where you are in reasonable fear for your life, you need to talk to a school counselor or police officer and get child protective services involved.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm PMing you about this.