1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling Really Low

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Simba29, May 17, 2013.

1. Simba29

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi guys,
    I've been noticing lately that my moods have been really erratic. Yesterday I was on such a high..I felt positive and confident about myself and just life in general. :icon_sad:
    Today I feel the complete opposite! Depressed, lonely,feeling very angry and frustrated with myself..when I feel these emotions I usually self harm. :tears:
    In the past there always used to be a trigger or symptoms that would lead up to my negative thoughts but nowadays nothing has to happen for me to feel this way.
    Has anyone else experienced these highs & lows frequently? If so how do you deal with this?

2. andersonh09

andersonh09 Guest

I have highs and lows like this all the time. I still struggle to deal with it, talking to someone can help, a lot. If your feeling low, vent to a friend. I would definitely recommend talking to a professional such as a counselor. I'm not a huge fan of talking to people, especially about my feelings, but I found that it really helps me, especially since I have a tendency to self-harm as well. It can be really hard at first to go and talk, but it gets easier. Remember, you aren't alone. (*hug*)

3. MrBrightside

I find that if i dont have a chat to someone in the morning i tend to go into my shell and be on a low for the day, just need that little reassurance. I also find tht if im tired i can get quite low or be erratic, the weather is also a factor (annoying since i live in scotland...).

I do find that going for a walk usually resets my mood. Just the fresh air, exercise, going somewhere you like.

4. Simba29

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks for responding. :slight_smile:
    Jack it's interesting that you mention the weather, I find that I feel much better when the weather is warm and sunny. Living here in Australia we have a good long run of warm to hot weather but now we are coming into Winter it's now quite cold and miserable. :icon_sad:
    Anderson I've lost count of all the counselors, Psychologists,Hypnotherapists and friends that I've spoken to since the age of 15 to now. Your right it can help but I'm finding that everyone has the same solution to solving the problems and I'm finding that it's just not working for me. I've tried all the suggestions that professionals have recommended and they have helped to an extent but not long term...also my friends are not comfortable talking about depression or problems in general..don't really know why! :confused:
    I hope you guys don't mind my asking..are you on any medication at all? If so has it helped you?

5. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Yea it's happening to me as well ,people I hung out with today what happened to me and why I don't keep in touch as often . I should've said the girl u met in h.s is gone and the dead me came back .