1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP with on Line Dating

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Panama, May 17, 2013.

1. Panama

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Hi Everyone... I have being trying to meet and date on line. However, I am new to dating women so I am puzzled about rules and expectation as a woman dating a woman more so because it is on line. My approach is to make a quick assessment of the situation without getting too caught up. My dilemma is once we decide to make that first contact in person even if it is a mini date, who pays for that first visit? I am thinking that the person who makes the first move to contact that person... follows up the mini date. Does anyone have an opinion on this subject?

2. secrethermit

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a guy, but i'd be pretty pissed off if the bill wasn't split.

3. oneday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All of my dating has mostly been through online avenues. I would say that's a good rule...whoever made the initial contact pays for the meal/movie on the first date. That's what happened on my first date ever, as well as my first date with my boyfriend. As time went on, we alternated on who would pay, but sometimes we break the rule, depending on who's more insistent that day. lol.

4. MrBrightside

I always insist on paying, even when im with a guy. I just always got taught that the man pays, and tht was always me so thats how i went on.

I guess if u can afford it you can offer to pay the first date to make a good impression (providing you like them when u meet).

I guess i agree with whats said above, whoever makes the move can offer and see their reaction :slight_smile: