1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm afraid to go to LGBT Communitys...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Jacki, May 18, 2013.

1. Jacki

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi!
    Good news first. I've found a LGBT Community in my city! And its near at my school so i can get there every thursday (when is the girls meeting day of the community)!
    But the bad thing is: I'm too nervous to went in! Last thursday I was there and I didnt went in the room... Then a girl came out and aked me if she could help me and i said just "uhh.....no....." and she went away. After I stood a while in the hallway and pretended too be interested in the flyer which hung there a boy came out and said hello to me. I replied "hello" and smiled.
    I really stood there for about half an hour but I wasnt able to open this damm door! The 2 people I meet were so nice and friendly and just cool!
    I guess the reason why i didnt walked into the room was I was afraid of all the looks from the other ppl. I was afraid of getting much attention...
    I promised myself that I will go there next monday again (then is an "open meeting") Then it isnt so awkward for me too went in and to be the new one. :slight_smile: I hope it will work!! Wish me luck! :grin:(!)

2. Just Jess

Just remind yourself, they are all there for the same reason you are.

Don't sweat it. It's always hardest the first time. After that you'll want to go.

3. WanderingGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Why would they give you weird looks? They're all there because they're like you aren't they?

4. BudderMC

Keep in mind that the people there probably aren't going to push you to go because they want to respect your privacy and comfort level. I'm sure they'd all love for you to come, but they might not express it until you're actually in the room, so as to not be pushy.

The whole situation will feel loads better once you go in and sit down. You can do it! :slight_smile:

5. Jacki

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for all the cool replies!! Made me more brave! :grin:

6. Anomander

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well your braver and have made it closer to joining one then I have =)