1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My family :/

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Tiny Catastrophe, May 18, 2013.

1. Tiny Catastrophe

So today I found out that my cousin's communion was today and that they're having the party at a restaurant that is literally down the block from where I live and I wasn't invited but the rest of my family was including my dad. And that's not the first family thing I wasn't invited to that I found out about. My other cousin had a christening for her baby and again I wasn't told or invited to it. I find all of these things out from FACEBOOK. Now it seems this stuff only started happening since I came out. I don't get that though because my cousin dated a girl for years and claimed she was bi (and was also on hard drugs and had a history of stealing from family members) but she was still invited to just about everything (that I can recall. This was years ago). I have never done drugs or stolen from anyone or done anything bad towards them and I'm all of a sudden left out of everything ever since I came out and I feel like that's the reason. And my own father who claims to accept me and be ok with this plays along with this and doesn't seem to care.

That being said, should I just ignore this and ignore them all, including my dad? Everyone else keeps telling me to tell him how I feel and make it known that I'm upset and I've kind of tried that telling him how I feel thing a little bit and he somehow always manages to make me feel stupid about the way I feel. What should I do? Should I cut them all out of my life and just try and ignore them or try and sit down with my dad and try and have a real conversation with him about how I feel? And like I said, I think this has a lot to do with the fact that I'm a lesbian :/. Any advice would be helpful.

2. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Try communicate until u can't anymore