1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is going to fast?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Zam, May 19, 2013.

1. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I would like to say that I have no posted anything for a long time
    ... LONG TIME
    So I came out to my best friend (feels awsome (!) ),a girl.We talked all night and she showed me the FB profile of an old friend of her's,who is gay.I told her that he is cute.
    This morning she made him add me on FB,I accepted the guy's Friend Request and he started chatting.My friend told him that I said he is cute.Now we are having a LONG conversation over FB but the problem is that I do not know how to talk to guys like this...

So I have two questions I guess

1-Is it going too fast?Comming out and the next morning looking out for guys?

2-How do you talk to guys,I know the guy likes me but I always end up talking like I am his friend or something.He seems like he wants to meet in person but I make it look like we are friends, because I can't talk to guys... I have never talked to one.

2. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats on coming out :thumbsup:

My advice is to be open and honest with this guy, and tell him that you only came out recently, and the thought of possibly starting a relationship is a bit overwhelming for you at this stage. I'm sure he'll understand. You could also mention that you're inexperienced with talking to/flirting with other guys, and ask him to be patient with you. If he has romantic interest in you and if he's a reasonable guy, he would allow you some time to process your feelings and emotions, and won't pressure you for anything you don't feel ready for. Hope this helps (*hug*) :icon_wink

3. Maea96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That depends on many things.

1) Is this the first person you've come out to? If it is, then I suggest getting ready to be open to everyone about your sexuality. Having a boyfriend requires the ability to show your love towards him (aka a boy) to everyone. Including your family. I have never had a closeted relationship because I started coming out a few months ago, and not everyone in my family knows yet.

2) Are you completely/almost comfortable with your sexuality after coming out to her and coincidentally him? If you're not, then I suggest giving it some time, seeing how it goes, but maybe not start a boyXboy relationship yet, as it will put you through conflicts, believe me.

This is just some tiny advices I could think of, I have never been in a relationship, and I'm not completely open, yet.
    You should ask yourself:
    are you comfortable with your sexuality/others knowing?
    are you ready to come out to your family/other friends, eventually sustain any form of bullying and so on?

If the answers to these are yes, then I say go on :grin:
    Is it going too fast? Only you can decide that. Take a nice, warm bath and think about it. That's usually what I do in those situations :slight_smile:

btw sorry for the long post, lol.