1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting rid of body hair

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Beware Of You, May 20, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

Hey,

So naturally I am very hairy (this only recently became noticeable) and to be honest I hate it. I am slim and tall and just don't suit it at all, I guess I am close to an otter, I used to be really twinkie and like it that way.

Thing is I hate it, I hate how they are black (I am pale skinned so they look horrible), how they go from the base of my neck all the way down, to my crotch, over my sholders and onto my back its horrible and I feel unattractive with them, even though my boyfriend and others think that I am attractive and "incredibly cute"

I actually shave them off now, I have to do it twice a week and I am just loosing the battle, I have heard waxing last longer but it looks painful. I wish I could permanently remove them

Am I just being stupid should I just let them grow naturally?

2. You can get laser hair removal I believe. That's supposed to be permanent.

3. KingdomKeyDK

It's a part of life. The way you describe it is actually pretty sexy to me. Some guys dig your look. I think you should stay the same.

4. Hefiel

This.

It's also what I've been considering as well. Shaving is super annoying, especially when you get those razor bumps on annoying areas...

5. rabbit1

rabbit1 Guest

that would be from a dull razor, use a good new one, and go with the grain!
    or use neat or something like that !

6. Just Jess

Option 1: razor
    Plus: it's cheap
    Minus: dark hair under the skin shows, you get stubbly fast, have to do it a lot

Option 2: razor + make-up
    Plus: still cheap, covers everything if you do it right
    Minus: Only lasts about 1/2 day, takes some skill, you have to take it off before you go to sleep or your sheets will get stained

Option 3: wax
    Plus: still cheap, it lasts a long time
    Minus: Some people are allergic, somewhat painful

Option 4: Epilator, Plucking, etc
    Plus: Still cheap, it lasts a very long time
    Minus: More painful and time consuming than wax

Option 5: Nair
    Plus: Lasts a long time, no skill putting it on
    Minus: Could cause chemical burns, a little more expensive

Option 6: Laser hair removal
    Plus: Permanent
    Minus: Works best with darker hair, expensive, painful, requires several sessions, time consuming

Option 7: Electrolysis
    Plus: Permanent, it doesn't matter what kind of hair you have
    Minus: The most expensive option, more painful than laser, requires several sessions, time consuming

#6 Just Jess, May 20, 2013
    Last edited: May 20, 2013
  7. theMaverick

Embrace your hairy self. You can be sexy and hairy.

8. Hefiel

I go with both with the grain, and then against the grain for a closer shave. Dark body hair are too noticeable otherwise :s

9. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've heard waxing yields better results with each time, meaning hair will be gone for longer the more you wax consistently. Typically, 2-3 weeks but this is highly variable, with some estimates counting up to 6 weeks. You get used to the 'pain', too, and several people have said they don't feel a thing after a while.

10. sunnii

I get my chest waxed every 4 weeks. I get the same girl that does it and she says my hair doesn't grow in as bad is it did originally (been getting waxed for almost a year) whether it is as bad as it was before or not but by the time the 4th week comes I feel like a bear,

Ive heard and she has actually told me its good i don't shave. I hear waxing removes the root while shaving only cuts the head of the hair. But one downside to my waxing is I get ingrown hairs some I can't get out and I do have some sensitive spots on my abdomen

11. NeonMan

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I also think it is sexy. I don't see much hairy guys around. But if you don't feel comfortable with it, shave it.

:slight_smile: