1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I stop comparing myself to others?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by sunnii, May 20, 2013.

1. sunnii

I do have a major inferiority complex mostly because I haven't lived a life due to fear (because of being gay amongst other things). I dot feel like I've started living till I was 18 but even that wasn't much but I do feel so inferior because I never did this...etc and compared to my friends I feel so inferior.

Anyway I constantly compare myself to others not just in social aspects but looks, physique, personality, confidence, ability etc. I've hear all the cliches "were all different" etc i go to yoga where we are taught we shouldn't compare ourselves to anyone not even myself but I ignore that no matter how hard I try to apply to that philosophy. In fact because I do yoga I feel like "I'm better than you at yoga, flexibility etc" because none of my friends do it.

I know what to think and all the logical stuff but it just doesn't fit. I am aware with all my flaws but I just feel like I can't get out of this rut

2. NeonMan

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    You do not. I think we all have that inferiority complex unless you are a narcissistic piece of meat who thinks of others as inferior human beings. Or maybe you could try to be very busy with developing your physical self to the point that you do not have the time to compare yourself t others?

Remember that there will always be someone better than you, and I too for one, compares myself to other people especially when it comes to talents and skills, what I do is I work it up. For example, a certain sports, say volleyball, every time I feel jealous of my friends playing so good at that sport I try hard to surpass their level of expertise.

:slight_smile: