1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone else here ever feel this way?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by yellowsun, May 21, 2013.

1. yellowsun

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    For any of you here who are exclusively homosexual, do you ever feel like it affects your entire life? I feel like it affects any friendships I make, my future, etc. I hate being a lesbian. I really despise it. It affects everything I do and everything I am.

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did feel that way when I first accepted my gayness, but those feelings changed over time and I grew to like being gay and now I love it.

I realized that I it was self-defeating to keep coming down on myself and nothing that was ordinary was every interesting.

3. AKTodd

No, it's just a part of my life. It played a bigger role when I was newly out, but that's just because it was a new and fun thing and on my mind a good bit. But even then I had other things to do and think about.

Todd

4. Hrantou

Pretty much took the words out of my mouth. :slight_smile:

5. ezkill

It will never matter whether someone accepts their homosexuality fully or not, because the process of coming out lasts a life time. It will always affect your life in the sense that you have to pick and choose your friends wisely; you have to have discretion when revealing information to your employer(s); you have to worry about your safety in public and where it is/isn't okay to hold hands in public or be affectionate; you have to be prepared for mean and nasty things being said to you because of your sexuality; you need to deal with idiot politicians who make your life more difficult... and the list goes on.

With that being said, I'm not trying to complain about being a homosexual. I fully accept and love myself for who I am. I wouldn't choose to be straight now, because my experience as a homosexual is special. I'm just saying that being a homosexual will always affect my life in some form, both positively and negatively.

For most people I imagine it will be like this.

6. Hitch

Maybe not my entire life but some parts. I'm going into elementary teaching and i'm really unsure how being gay will affect it. I'm in a pretty liberal part of st. Louis so my gut tells me not much. As far as relationships, being gay does get to me. I really have nothing in common with girls so most of my friends are guys. I feel if I tell people that I'm gay things will start to get awkward and they will think I am always trying to take our friendship to the next level. Luckily it hasn't happened yet. I'm slowly learning to accept myself.

7. kumawool

It does, but not in a bad way. It's influenced my personality, made me more aware, I think I'm kinder because of it. It's changed me in so many ways, but honestly, I've come to realise many of those things are for the better, so I have NO problems with it :slight_smile:.