1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biggest embarassment this year

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MtnFr3sh, May 21, 2013.

1. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Okay, so what happened that's gonna make me a laughing stock happened after a series of unfortunate events today.

So, it started when this morning in school, we went outside for a demonstration of what happens immediately after a drunk driving accident preformed by our towns actual EMS services with the ambulances, police cars, state troopers, fire trucks, the whole deal performed on campus in one of the schools driveways that connects the front and back parking lot (it's a large campus for a small town school.) My (few) friends and I were standing against the fence watching the whole thing go down, people with fake blood, a guy dressed as death (I mentioned to one of my friends who also likes anime that it would be epic if he were dressed as Ichigo instead) After about 10 minutes, we realized that we were standing in a fire-ant bed, I was on the top of it, they stunk my legs and somehow got to my arms, roughly 12 bites in all, itched like hell. Another guy got them in his shoes and sat down to shake the bastards out, my other friend got them on his ankle.
    I spent the rest of the thing flicking the bastards off my clothes and my backpack and shaking them out of my shoes.

Afterwards, everybody went to 3rd period, I stopped off at the nurse's office to see if she had anything that could help with the itching, she gave me some pink cream stuff to rub on the spots where it was the worst. And it did help. She asked if I had any Benadryl to take, and I did, our school stores all student medicines in the office, even if it's something harmless like that, I took two of them... HUGE mistake.

the rest of third period and lunch went off without a hitch, but in Geography, that's when I fell asleep. Bad. As most people know, Benadryl has one major side effect, drowsiness, and the form I took was not a time release, it all hit my system at ONCE. So, we were watching a movie about this black guy in the marines in the 60's, not that it's boring, I actually liked it, but I fell asleep, and when I woke up, the tardy bell was ringing for the next class, and somebody was waking me up to get out of their seat.

Well, I was in a HUGE fog, I barely remember anything. My left leg was asleep because I cross my legs when I sit, and when I stood up, I was in such a fog and my leg couldn't support it's weight, at all. On my way to the door I fell, not once, but THREE, that's right THREE :***: ing TIMES!!! I'm not sure if it was a trip, or if I fell flat on my face those times. But what I am sure of was I heard people laughing at me, it was 2 or more, and classes are usually full with about 15-20, I was, and still am, embarrassed as hell. This was the worst reaction to Benadryl EVER, it didn't cause my leg to screw up, but it did cause my mind to not know what the hell was going on. I felt like I was, well, screwed. My brain DID NOT precess anything other than vaguely the falls, the tardy bell ringing, people saying get up, and laughter.

I don't remember who, but two people I know helped me to my next class, English. I was in such a fog I barely remember walking around the corner to it. I need to thank them. But I don't know who they were!

So I sat down in english class, late, my teacher asked why I was late, and I said I fell asleep in Geography, he's a nice guy, very nice, so he didn't say anything about it. But then, 5 minutes later my Geography teacher called apparently to ask if I made it to his class alright. These two classrooms are just around the corner from eachother, LITERALLY, no more than 30 feet away. I was in a fog still and could barely concentrate on ANYTHING, we were taking notes on persuasive writing, and I asked if I could be excused to go to the nurse, apparently I must half looked like I felt like shit because he didn't even ask me why I needed to go.

So, in the nurse's office, there I sat, for about an hour and a half waiting for the grogginess to disappear, when I told the nurse what happened she called my mom, she asked if I wanted her to pick me up, of course I did. I was feeling a lot better and was alright enough to go to final period and wait to be picked up, Biology, there were some of the people in my Geography class that had they woken me up when the bell rang instead of leaving me there, this whole disastrous situation could have been avoided! I was pissed, but too tired to do anything about it. So I just sat there for ten minutes until my mom finally showed up to take me home.

So starting tomorrow, people will be laughing at me, I wouldn't be surprised if somebody pulled out their cellphone to record me being such a damn spaz, everybody's going to probably think I was on drugs or something, or high. So, what the hell should I do tomorrow, I know I'm going to get asked about it.

ALL BECAUSE OF THOSE :***: ING FIRE-ANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Gen

Gen

You were just walking out of a class, I doubt anyone would even have enough time to record the event. Regardless, you were medication and disorientated from the nap. Its fine. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the class got a chuckle out of it, but I highly doubt its going to be a topic of conversation for very long.

There are times when you just have to laugh at yourself, and this is definitely one of those times. Don't stress out over it.

3. Zoe

Zoe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mtn,

This is a great story, and you've told it very well. I'm so sorry this all happened, but this is an epic story. And what a great geography teacher you have to check on you, even if you did just walk around the corner. Clearly, he saw something was up with you and was worried. And how awesome he didn't simply accuse you of being drunk or high or something--he simply wanted to know that you were OK.

And how awesome someone helped you to class. They could have simply left you to deal on your own.

And honestly, people have short memories and I'm sure not everyone saw you, even if that's what it felt like.

So while you're worried about people laughing at you, your story actually has a lot of examples of people being very kind (except for those people who should have woken you up after geography!)

Thanks for sharing your story.

--Zoe

4. BudderMC

Given that there were people to help you and other people who suffered the ants with you, I'd wager you're going to have more people making sure you're okay rather than laughing at you.

Don't sweat it! No point in worrying about whether or not you're going to get laughed at until you actually get laughed at, right? :slight_smile: