1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When did fighting back become activism

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Matt21, May 21, 2013.

1. Matt21

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    For many years i have felt the watering down of langague and the real attempt to change the meaning of words yet not legally just using commonly held views on a words meaning and how even a word exists in society with no meaning so many to even begin,with this we know can atleast come to an idea of society lets this slip by because either it's simpler to just let it go by or it's just to much hassle to change it once the majority feel the word means x not y.

However i feel that real bash back attutides have all but died off and the world seems so focused on lgbt progress yet forgets the context of said progress at the same time quite sad and so wrong,we are in the first time in histroy where history is remembered properly because of computers,internet,more people who get better news and open minded,our past history for the most part insert air fingers here, it is simply commonly agreed opon lies.

We now come to the problem how to be give proper context in a context dead society that we killed off ourselves, we seem so happy to protest peacefully,so happy to sit by and be content with the majority getting the last say the hidden insert word you feel relevant for it,homopboia,heterosexism etc etc which you prefer, for this is straight people no matter what i feel get the power to give equality but not all take it away since they gave it, i'm sure you have heard in another country you would be dead,we gave you something shut up etc etc, this is common knowledge to most peolple who hear homopbobia on a daily basis or even once since it can be heard.

I'm from northern ireland a small place with virtually two lgbt places outside of those two towns and lgbt people for the majority aren't even visible at all, i am out to my family for those who want to ask however i feel coming out isn't even possible in society for safety reasons even if i was in one of the two places with lgbt people,unlike england,scotland and wales where some acceptance/tolerance is there northern ireland sadly tolerates lgbt abuse and 80 percent in the recent study is NEVER REPORTED.

If your still reading thank you.

What i'm getting to slowly yes i know is that have we deep down given up and said fine straight people we will wait?

do we need to return to some type of more militant or anti working with the people who deep down mostly see us as less and i can see the counter agruement of we should work together yes but it's the wrong context yet again missing the point,minorities/sexual minorities seem to never be given a bigger say than the majority which is appaling to me i just find it sick and wrong how we have to vote to begin with for this playing a broken system of poltical crap and jeez our countries polticial history is open admitting terroists on both sides so come on do i turn into some i don't know radical or just sit by and be a hyprocrite deep down.

ps not bashing any fellow gay people i understand if you truly feel the way you do and want to work with said majority that's fine.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can only say that in America, we seem to make much bigger and better strides working with straight allies than by considering them the enemy. This doesn't mean watering down the message, or kicking the "gayer" people to the curb. Just getting everybody on board who we possibly can.

Lex