1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do most condoms have "Not suitable for Anal Sex" on them?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Beware Of You, May 22, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

For some reason all the condoms I have seen all have "Not Suitable for Anal Sex" on them, despite the fact that everyone uses them for that, and nothing seems to happen. Why is that?

2. BudderMC

I'd wager that condoms are designed for the majority, that would be straight couples having vaginal sex. Since the chemical/functional makeups of the vagina and the anus/etc. are different, it's probably a disclaimer because they weren't designed explicitly for that environment.

3. lazyfire

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So, how do males have safe sex? Is it even considered sex if it's between two guys? I heard that virginity is lost only when a guy penetrates a girl.

I'm glad I saw this or I'd be so worried if there were no condoms for guy-guy. :frowning2:

4. Beware Of You

My virginity went when I first had something special in my anus so to speaak

5. Jared

It's usually on condoms that have spermicide on them, which is designed to kill sperm if it gets out in order to prevent pregnancy, since straight people mostly use condoms for that reason. Spermicide however will irritate your anus and insides if you use it for anal. Just find condoms that don't have spermicide on them.

6. BudderMC

I could go into a whole separate thread with this topic, but in short, "virginity" is an intangible construct that has both social and personal meaning. The definition of what is and isn't sex varies largely from person to person, so it's up to you to decide what is (or isn't).

Condoms are still used for safe sex, otherwise they wouldn't be recommended all the time. Like I said, I'm guessing it's just a disclaimer. Think about it: it would cost a ton of time and money to "develop" specific "anal sex" condoms. The market of people that engage in anal sex is likely much smaller than those that engage in vaginal sex. And besides, who wants to be "that guy" who goes to buy "anal condoms"? It just doesn't seem like a wise idea to me, from a business point of view.

7. Beware Of You

I thought that, turns out "These condoms do not contain spermicide" I think it is just an ass covering exercise

8. Hefiel

I think it's probably just because condoms (+ lube) works to do the job that they haven't bothered with it.

Speaking of Anal condoms though, there is one company that recently made the news after receiving money from the Bill Gates Foundation who is designing a new type of silicone-based condom, and they're also working on one for anal sex (which is put on the person being penetrated, much like a female condom).
    ORIGAMI Condoms

9. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are definitely condoms made specifically for anal sex that are heavier duty than regular condoms. Some regular condoms will break when subjected to rigorous anal sex, while the anal-approved ones are more likely to hold up to the extra friction.

10. Mogget

People having sex with women also shouldn't use condoms with spermicide. It can mess things up, very nasty.

11. castle walls

Not to mention that usually there isn't enough spermicide on the condom to deal with the sperm. Source: PDF from Virginia Tech