1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

feel bad and angry all the time-just getting fed up of my life

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by sunnii, May 22, 2013.

1. sunnii

Like I've not been this low in years. I wouldn't say I'm suicidal but I'm like I'm beginning to just totally not care. I'm always in a bad mood unless I've been drinking but that's not the answer but I can't even stress how different my mood is after a few beers (but it always leads to excess).

All the things that bother me feel worse ie low self esteem, inferiority complex, self-loathing, crush on straight best friend, general feeling of emptyness.

I try to fight these feeling AMD I've tried being more positive. I've hot hobbies like yoga and working out and I do enjoy them but they don't exactly save me from these feelings.

When I came home from work I was just so angry I can't even describe it. My mood lifted afyer a few drinks but its morning now and I'm in a bad mood already and I actually don't want to drink

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Obvious questions to save me from digging through your archive. Are you seeing anybody for this? Have you seen a therapist either in the past or currently?

Lex

3. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe you need to process some 'stuff' that is causing the underlying anger? Is it something like life circumstances, or being closeted ... or internalised homophobia ? might that be behind it? maybe counselling would help or do you have close friends to talk to openly about it?

Drinking I can understand - having done it myself - it works to a point ... but you risk getting a drinking habit

Can you say what you think the anger is generated by??

4. FunnyMonkey

I'm kind in the same boat, feeling down mood. (*hug*) Something that has kinda work for me is keep really busy so that you don't have time to think. don't know if that the right answer, more of a band-ad. If your not talking to therapist or a friend then maybe that would be a start, I know it's easier said then done.

I wouldn't drink to much as it's not going to end well, well it didn't for me. can you try replacing drinking with something else like maybe a nice hot bath or a book to get out of that mood. (*hug*)

5. sunnii

At work its slow so I'm preoocupied with my thoughts. As I say I work out and it can work but it wares off. I am almost addicted to exercise.

I want to talk buy a)I'm too scared and b) I feel like a mopey burden