1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I bawled and lost blood today

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by lazyfire, May 23, 2013.

1. lazyfire

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I talked to my chemistry teacher tonight after the last day of school. She said, "Sorry, you didn't pass". I didn't want that; I wanted a hug and a farewell.

I told her I'd be fine. But, the moment I got home and into the shower, it all crashed on me:

1. I failed and will most likely take summer school (2nd semester) of Chemistry. My parents will be very upset.
    2. I was stabbed in the back by my friend and it hurt so much.
    3. I lost too much this year; I gained nothing in return.
    4. I feel like a complete failure.

By the way, I didn't cut myself. I was nose-bleeding and the crying made my nose run so more blood spilled. I lost so much I felt weak and dizzy/tired/confused/frustrated. I almost stayed in the shower on purpose just to bleed to death.

I don't want to tell my parents. :frowning2:
    I feel like a failure. What should...I do?

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you tried as hard as you could and they see the pain the failure is causing you, they can't ride you too hard. The entire point of parents putting pressure on their kids is for their own good. You know the value of hard work already though, so all they should do is try to comfort you and help you study for when you take it again.

I would try to focus on learning chemistry. Your friend's betrayal may hurt, but it's done with, and you have better things to be thinking about. Plus, there's little shame in failing chemistry, and that by no means makes you a failure. I failed it in college, and lost a scholarship as a result. But you've got to keep chugging along. Who knows? You may understand it a lot better the second time around.

3. Convoy

Everyone struggles with something; it might not be the right time, you could be dealing with issues or it really might not be a great calling of yours.

Regardless you'll probably be able to pass however It'll take some effort, getting into a mindset where you learn to teach yourself (rather than taking notes, worksheets, etc) is different than traditional classes however it can be beneficial if you are struggling.

I failed trig, not once, twice and I'm really hoping I pass it this time around. Math has always been a struggle for myself and I know the feeling.

Don't get down too much, you'll find our what your going to do regardless, just put in some effort and try your best; no one will fault you in the end so don't stress about it.

4. Go to your parents with a plan.

khanacademy.org is a great site with free videos on all sorts of subjects. You're going to have to tell them, but going to them with a plan shows you want to do well.

It sucks this is happening to you. Focus on the good and work on Chem. Time will pass and will heal your heart.

5. lazyfire

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I told them; they said that they understood and that they knew it was a hard class. They are fine with it! :slight_smile: Yay!

I'm so relieved! Thanks everyone.
    It makes me so happy to see that people care. Thank you. Thank you. THANK YOU.

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, it's also not so great if they're "fine" with it, but accepting is good. At least this serves as a lesson that you shouldn't wig out until you know you have reason to. Best of luck in your academics. (*hug*)

7. Glad things worked out.

Study hard and you'll get through this summer.

8. Mrcake

I feel your pain, I took chemistry this year and it was the hardest class I have ever taken throughout my 3 years of college! I spent over ten hours a week doing homework, studying, and labs. I ended up getting a 72%, barely passing my class and I spent 30 hours studying for a final that I only got 64% on. I didn't get more than 68% on a test in that class and it makes me feel stupid - nevertheless I passed. Did you take the introductory chemistry class? I didn't and that is part of my problem.. but I would say, definitely retake your chem class. You will know everything and get a better grade; I know it sucks that you have to retake it..but it is better than an F right? Good luck and I'm sorry you have to do it over.