1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feelings for a transguy but Im a straight transguy?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by DJNay, May 23, 2013.

1. DJNay

From Joburg, SA but now live in Brisbane, Aus
    Hey Guys, I was wandering if u could help me. I have a transguy friend who is preT like me, he's awesome like a brother to me, but recently I've been have sexual dreams about him and I and feelings towards him :/ I don't know how I feel now, like I have never had this feelings before, and even though I identify as male, I've dated guys but they treated me femininely and sexually pressurized/abused me, so I turned to females for support. But today with another guy I don't know whether it was envy of his body or if I was actually turned on but him. I'm so confused. Have u guys ever had this before?

Thanks!

2. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

So let me be clear on one thing. Are you attracted to men or have you ever before?

I won't lie. As a pan guy, most of the other men I find myself being attracted to lately are usually trans* men. I think it's something about the fact that we both share a common thread, and it's a mix of man crush and admiration. Plus, many of the trans* guys I've happened to see lately just happen to be cute. :3

I've heard of people who primarily identify under one sexuality (heterosexual in your case?) but have one person outside of that sexual identity who they fall in love with. Sexuality's fluid and maybe he's just the one guy who's an exception for you.

3. DJNay

From Joburg, SA but now live in Brisbane, Aus
    No I've never been attracted to guys before, I've dated guys but that was before I came out as trans* and was questioning my gender and as a way of trying to "straighten" myself thinking I was lesbian. I'm sexually attracted to females. Maybe you're right about him just falling outside my sexual identity. It's just confusing at the moment :/

4. seeksanctuary

Could just be one of those "exceptions" that some people have.