1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wishing I had friends who understand...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ILuvMusic90, May 25, 2013.

1. ILuvMusic90

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay, I have a lot going on right now. I'm not only bisexual, but I'm also female, autistic and African American. I don't have many other LGBT friends, and most of the friends that I do have don't understand about LGBT issues.

I joined a group on Facebook, hoping to find some support, but after I posted on there about some of the things that I'm going through, I noticed that the group wasn't there on the list of groups that I belong to. I might have been banned, but I don't know why.

I just want to know if there is anyone else going through something similar, or who won't judge me, because I feel really lonely.

2. GirlyGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I relate, Only because I belong to a place where homosexuality is illegal and you could be sent to person for it. At least you live in a place where you could go on in the middle of a crowd and scream "I'M BISEXUAL" and find support.you're lucky to be in a place where you could find LGBT support groups and meet people. Love your friends, but if they dont understand, go out there and meet people like you. you live in Maryland honey, i heard its pretty gay friendly there. take my advice and go to LGBT support groups. im sure you'll connect with them in no time. believe me, you're very lucky.

---------- Post added 25th May 2013 at 09:31 AM ----------

prison*

3. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being autistic can make this more tricky. People sometimes react to us in confusing ways. They misread us about as much as we misread others.

4. GirlyGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm sorry to hear that. Most people react different when it comes to something they dont understand. and thats the sad truth. but you two seem to sound so intelligent. doesnt matter what people think of you, it matters what you think of yourself. if you love yourself people will love you too. and look. you two just met right now. both of you seem to have one thing in common. thats a start right? and i have something in common with you both for being a lesbian?

5. bethpurple

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I believe I'm going through something similar. I'm also autistic, essentially bisexual, and very lonely.

I won't judge you. The things you're going through are not your fault - you're doing the best you can. It's hard, and sometimes it feels hopeless, but don't give up! If you feel ready to talk about it more, I'll happily listen.