1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I dont want my wife to wear a bikini

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by GirlyGirl, May 25, 2013.

1. GirlyGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hello There,
    I'm a lesbian, and my wife and I been together for almost 3years. thing is from the moment we started dating ..I started to become very jealous and asked her not to wear things that are too short and exposing and she asked me to do the same. thing is i asked her not to wear a bikini because they're just too exposed and i dont want other people to see. am i being unfair?! I feel very guilty and bad about it even though she doesnt have a problem with not wearing it.
    but i really can't let her wear it. it kills me and i love her so much.

do you girls relate?!

ive searched all over the internet and seen men talking about it. but never came across a lesbian relationship. i just wanna know of other people feel the same way and their stories.

2. June Cleaver

I think we all hate when other people are attracted to our mates. Girls throw themselves at my man and I hate it with a passion. The truth is only he or she can say no and we have to trust them to do just that. By acting jealous you are sending the signal you don't trust her. That sure can kill a relationship! IDK about your relationship with her, but I know for a 100% fact he loves me. So I stomp those feelings out by doing nice little extra things for him which keeps my too busy to worry and usuailly it is a baked treat he can enjoy eating. Good luck! June

3. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, yeah, I think you're being a bit unreasonable. I understand your thought process, but dictating what she can and can't wear seems very controlling to me.

4. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I understand where you're coming from. You're feeling very jealous and protective of your wife, and I know you feel this way because of how much you love her. But you need to trust her. Trust is one of the most important things to have in a relationship, especially if you want it to last. You may not want her to wear revealing clothes because of wandering eyes, but people who find her attractive are going to look at her even if she's wearing casual clothing.

5. GirlyGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    i do trust her and she does trust me. but a bikini feels so indecent to me, it never did before, it only does now. i just cant accept it. and i know she doesnt want me wearing things that expose my private parts too. but i just feel guilty about feeling this way. she can wear whatever she wants, but a bikini shows way too much. i dont know.. was hoping some people relate to me. thank for posting a reply though. appreciate it.

6. Tiny Catastrophe

I know how you feel. My girlfriend is extremely attractive and guys and girls (mostly guys) hit on her constantly and I've asked her to just keep her chest, belly and butt covered up especially in school. No need to give them a show. I don't wear clothing like that either. Now my girlfriend is extremely jealous but she never had a problem with me wearing a bikini. I understand how you feel but you can't try and control who you're with. I've had to explain that one to my girlfriend a number of times. Sometimes you just have to let things go. It goes along with trust.

7. GirlyGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I let a lot of things go. a lot. its just that one thing that i cannot handle, only because in a bikini private parts are really out there. Glad to know someone relates

8. June Cleaver

I do relate to you! Thank GOD Mike cannot fit into male bikini shorts. I buy him board shorts which he loves and his package still bulges through which gets the girls looking. It could drive me crazy if I was to let it. In our case he ignores them and I get the focus of his attention most of the time. Of course there always will be that woman who can't help herself but to push herself on him. I do my best not to show it when it upsets me. He has not handeled it right a couple of times now, and he almost lost me over one last month. One good thing did come of it, I learned how deep his love for me is. I get jealous too and hate other women to look at what is mine! and worse are the loose ones who don't respect that he is taken.... June

9. If you are getting jealous because other people can see that your partner has a body, I think it's time to examine those feelings. You say that you both trust each other, but dictating what kind of clothing your wife can wear based on irrational feelings of jealousy isn't okay.

It's normal to get jealous sometimes, but it's not okay to take your insecurities out on each other. Instead, maybe try and figure out what it is that is making you feel this way about your wife.

Jealousy happens when we're worried that our partner will break boundaries set up for faithfulness in our relationships. That could be happening because of personal insecurity (not feeling good about oneself, feeling unworthy, thinking one's partner deserves better, etc) or because there is actually some trust lost between partners.

It's just not reasonable to tell your wife what she can and can't wear or what she can and can't show of her own body.

10. GirlyGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks June, thats exactly what i meant. i dont want people looking at her private parts and a bikini shows so much as much as a speedo does. she can wear the short shorts and a tanktini but those tiny panties and a bra feels like an underwear to me. and its not nice when you feel like she is going to have an "accident" and show something any second. I'm glad your guy seems to love you as much as you love him. hugs

thedreamwatch, its not about her being unfaithful really, its about her showing her private parts, and a bikini doesn't really cover much, it fell once. it's just unacceptable for me to let such a thing happen again when you can stop it. there are alot of other swimsuits that we can wear.

It's more like, instead of wearing tiny panties, short shorts are just better. and i'll be happier *blush*

thanks for the reply though.

11. pilot99

I completely agree with you GirlyGirl! Its funny that i came across this thread because Im going on vacation with my gf in a week and this is exactly what has been on my mind. My gf is very beautiful and I just feel like its not appropriate for her to be in a little bikini for all to see her parts. I never quite understood how society can think this is ok and yet if you told your gf to walk around a public place (like the mall) in her bra and panties she'd probably think you were crazy. Yet they cover the same amount of her body. And its not about being jealous or controling. Its about not wanting everyone to see her body.. thats for her and I to share with each other in private.

12. mwaffles

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah... that's weird. I would never tell my girlfriend/wife to not wear something she wants to wear. It's her body, not mine. And I wouldn't like it at all if somebody was to say what i should or shouldn't wear. It's kind of silly actually, at least I think.

13. GirlyGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Exactly my point, I'm glad someone out there understands my point of view. to be honest when i told her how uncomfortable iam with her wearing a bikini. she actually went and got those beach shorts and was totally fine with it. maybe you should tell her about it too, she might actually be fine with it. Thanks for sharing.